lifetime subscription — TomTom Community

lifetime subscription

When I purchased my subscription to lifetime maps several years ago, having upgraded from a dedicated device to the Android app I assumed it meant for life....
I havent used the app for a while due to the Covid situation but when I opened it today, I anticipated being able to download lots of map updates....instead of which I received a message stating that my subscription had expired and that I would have to pay yearly/monthly to be able to use the app.
That is not a lifetime subscription!

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,978
    Superusers
    Hi
    @davidwfaulkner
    @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators should pick this up and check/correct your Tomtom Account status.....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • davidwfaulknerdavidwfaulkner Posts: 260 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    thank you
  • schneidernetschneidernet Posts: 267 [Exalted Navigator]
    Nope. "Lifetime" does not mean what we may have thought. TT is now a Google Play monthly or annual subscription.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,172 Moderator
    Hi @davidwfaulkner

Welcome to the Community! We removed the old TomTom Navigation from the AppStore. The first generation app you’re referring to, we are no longer able to support and no longer offer updates. It was replaced by GO Mobile App and now it's in the 3rd generation, i.e. Go Navigation App.

If you wish to use the new Go Navigation App, please get in touch with our support and see if they can help you with this one. You can either start a live chat or send them an email.

Regards, lampard
    Shame TT are not UK based company....I would sue them through the small claims court under the sale of goods / trades description act as I purchased a subscription which was clearly advertised and sold as lifetime updates/subscription
    I am pretty disgusted with this
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,978
    Superusers
    edited March 12
    Hi
    @davidwfaulkner
    When I purchased my subscription to lifetime maps several years ago, having upgraded from a dedicated device to the Android app I assumed it meant for life (Snip)!
    Isn't that the problem you 'Assumed'....

If you had read the T&C's you would have realized Lifetime means the useful life of the device, as long as Tomtom support the device....

Try Googling Ga*m*n T&C's....
    I find that the T&C's for the definition of the Device being Out of Life, Maps size versus Memory size, the use Map zones or the supply of your own Micro SD Card... Lifetime Traffic etc are similar to Tomtoms
    With Tomtoms T&C's probably the more user-friendly of the two

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    Please dont assume we are stupid ...looking back over posts from a couple if years ago there are plenty of complaints about this
    Fact remains that lifetime membership or lifetime updates are exactly that
    I am not anti TomTom .....in fact I was one if the first to shell out money when the products were first launched all those years ago and have upgraded my devices as they have improved before reaching the "one phone does all" stage and the promise of lifetime everything ticked all the boxes....it's not as if I didn't pay for the damned product for heaven's sake.