even having reinstalled I cannot get pas the "Update Navcore" loop — TomTom Community

even having reinstalled I cannot get pas the "Update Navcore" loop

even having reinstalled I cannot get pas the "Update Navcore" loop

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,670
    Superusers
    Hi
    @BriAngus
    A new version of MyDrive Connect has been released.....
    See.... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1130566/a-new-version-of-mydrive-connect-released

When using the latest MyDrive Connect the menu flow has changed....
    Now when using the latest version of MyDrive connect to update a NAV5 (Wi-Fi) device over USB, it APPEARS that you can update the device using the MyDrive Connect menu structure... When in fact this is NOT the case....

Clicking on the update button only opens the new MyDrive Connect "Splash screen" saying "UPDATE DEVICE THE EASY WAY" etc...

The NAV5 (Wi-Fi) devices have no access to the MyDrive Menu structures as used by the previous NAV3 & 4 devices.....

If you choose to update a NAV5 (Wi-Fi) device over USB....
    MyDrive Connect only needs to run in the background on the PC Taskbar... You can close the 'Main Mydrive Window'

em7rmo28tl38.jpg
    That is displaying "UPDATE DEVICE THE EASY WAY" Splash screen...

a1a9r6jyfdho.jpg
    Updating a NAV5 (Wi-Fi) device like your Tomtom GO Supreme... Even if you are updating using USB... The updating method is the same as using Wi-Fi....
    ALL of the update actions are executed on the device...
    Tap the 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Updates & New Items....
    If a Operating System Software update (Navcore) is required... Deselect the remaining updates, install the Navcore update 1st....

The Navcore Software Update is Mandatory you cannot deselect the update....
    lvf6a0pjrt8t.jpg
    Then install the remaining updates....
    I always install the update one at a time....
    There's less chance of a log jam on the Server....
    iofr8x26j4oi.jpg
    Extra Maps are Installed/Maintained... Tap the 4Dot(.... Menu) --> Setting --> Maps

Stay Safe... ATB YFM