TomTom via 1605TM wihtout a map — TomTom Community

TomTom via 1605TM wihtout a map

Good evening! Gentlemen, it is with great sadness that I acquired a piece of equipment, I don't even know if it is modern, but it is new, tomtom 1605TM. To my surprise, this equipment arrived without a map of Brazil. I looked it up and found it on this site, but when I saw the price I took a very big scare. I will look in the parallel market for one that is more affordable. If I don't find it, I will be forced to throw the piece away.

Mod edit: Machine translated (Portuguese)

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,234
    Superuser
    Hi @SIZENANDO

If the unit looks like the unit in the attached link then it is likely that the unit was new around 2012. However it may well have come with Lifetime Maps and cameras which means you can have the latest maps on it at no additional cost. You will probably however need to add an extra memory card if the Internal Memory I not big enough to accept the ;latest map which is likely to be bigger than your current6 one.

https://gpstracklog.com/2012/09/tomtom-via-1605tm-review.html

So we can ask @VikramK or @lampard to look at your units settings on the Tomtom Servers and sort the settings for it if appropriate. Look back here tomorrow.

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,186 Moderator
    Hi @SIZENANDO
    The device has actually come with lifetime maps updates for -USA, Canada & Mexico maps.
    Unfortunately, the map of Brazil won't be part of these updates. It will require a different subscription for map updates.

Regards, Vikram
  • SIZENANDOSIZENANDO Posts: 5 [New Seeker]
    edited March 14
    Good Morning! Gentlemen, the price of the map of Brazil is the price of another GPS of another brand, but complete. Is there a way to switch maps? You take the one from North America and put the one from South America. If it is not possible, I am not interested in this equipment, it will go to waste because I will not sell to someone else what was not used for use here in Brazil

Superuser
    Hi @SIZENANDO

I assume from the Post by @VikramK that the unit was originally sold or intended for sale in the US so therefore it would not have been sold with a Brazil map on it. So if this unit has been sold to you as a new unit then you need to return it to the seller as not suitable for the purpose intended. If the unit is second hand then I assume the previous owner used it when in the US. As a US based unit then the addition of a Brazil map or any countries map has to be done using the Map shop on the Tomtom website.

Doug
    edited March 14
    Douglas, the price of the map of Brazil on the TomTom website is the value of a complete new GPS. They say this is one of the best out there, but we have good devices here too. Hugs.

edited March 14
    Douglas, can you get a better price?

Superuser
    Hi @SIZENANDO

No. I am a customer like you.

Doug
    edited March 14
    Are you a reseller?