Can I use GO 6200 as a truck device? — TomTom Community

Can I use GO 6200 as a truck device?

Gazza50Gazza50 Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
Is the 6200 used as a truck sat nav

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,825
    Superuser
    Hi @Gazza50

The GO6200 is a car unit but there is an older version called the GO6200 Professional which is a dedicated Truck unit. Tomtom state that they do not support converting car units to Truck units.

Doug
  • Gazza50Gazza50 Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I take it if I brought the professional one I could change it to car ?
    Or would I be better getting the go camper and changing the length etc to my truck
    Superuser
    Hi @Gazza50

Looking at the GO Professional manual it appears that on the Truck units as on the GO Camper you have an option to select a vehicle type so you can say you want it to work based on a car or used on you particular truck. type/dimensions etc

Doug
    Thank you this is good for me as I work with trucks and also go camping so go camper sat nav could be a option
    Superuser
    Hi @Gazza50

I am not sure but are there possibly rules that apply to Trucks, speed limits for example, that would not apply to a Camper unit which will be a maximum in the GO Camper unit much less than many trucks are.

The Truck units have Truck related POI files included.

Doug
    OK I see what you mean.
    Hgv top speed is 56mph motorway and carriages but limited to 50mph on main roads which cars/motorhomes are not.
    OK if I was to get the truck based one then would I be able to add the POI of the campsites? So I can use it for going on holiday?
    Superuser
    Hi @Gazza50

When you set your GO truck unit up you link it to your My Drive Account. This account will store your MyPlaces (favourites) and routes as a backup for the unit. You can also use the same facility to Add 3rd Party POI files to the My Drive account and then Sync the files to the Truck unit.

Doug