TomTom Go 620, gives updates but does not install them — TomTom Community

TomTom Go 620, gives updates but does not install them

Greetings

I have a TT Go 620 which is connected to the network and also to a wiffi that is about 50 cm away; it gives me updates but does not install them.

Let me explain, I give it to accept the updates and it goes into a loop, it starts at 77% and goes up to 99%, once it reaches 99%, it starts again with 77%. And so it can be time. What's more, it has been connected for more than 48 hours and it continues to do the same process for me.

I no longer know what to do to install the updates. Any suggestions ???

Note: The four updates it gives me are the following; Application Version, Map version update (1060 to 1065), Traffic Radar Update and POI Update: Charging Station

Comments

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,548
    Superuser
    Hi @Fanegas

You should do the updates one at a time not as a single process. Let us see what @VikramK suggests after he has had a chance to look at your units Logs on the Tomtom Servers.

Doug
  • FanegasFanegas Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have tried to do what you suggest with only the process of updating the TomTom version, but I give you to see the updates to ONLY add the last one that I have commented to you; but automatically it starts from 77% to 99% and so on
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,388 Moderator
    edited March 8
    Hi @Fanegas
    Welcome to the community!
    I asked my team to review the download logs for your TomTom. It seems to be an issue with the network or connection to the internet.

My suggestion would be using MyDrive Connect on a wired internet connection.
    The steps here should help you get going.

Keep the device connected when the updates process. Sometimes the download indicator might look stuck but there are updates running in the background.

Regards, Vikram
    @VikramK : you suggest me to do the following: " My suggestion would be using MyDrive Connect on a wired internet connection"

I understand this as, being the laptop connected to the internet (via wiffi), the Go 620 connected to the laptop via USB and open the MyDriveConnect program ???
    I'm in a personal loop and I can't find the key to update the TT Go 620, is there a possibility to send this Go 620 to the Tomtom and have him look at it ????

The cats would be paid by me, I live in Spain, and I don't mind making that expense
    Superuser
    Hi @Fanegas

If you want to send a unit for repair you need to contact Customer Support via chat and arrange.

Try the following:-

Tap Support at the top of this page
    Sign in Top Right of next Page. (you have to do this)
    When signed in Tap Contact Us bottom right
    Help Box appears and after a few seconds Get in Touch also appears
    Tap Get in Touch
    You are now offered Chat or Email. If Chat is closed it will tell you the hours that it will be available.

Chat is busy you may have to try a few times.

If you have a problem with this try another Web Browser

Doug
    In the end I contacted the support service and sent the Go 620 for repair (it was under warranty), as this could not be repaired, the technical service sent me a new one

I give the post as SOLVED
    Superuser
    Hi @Fanegas

Glad you are sorted.

Doug