NOT FOUND ON SITE — TomTom Community

NOT FOUND ON SITE

macman_2021macman_2021 Posts: 21 [Master Explorer]
hI Vikram,

about: GO DISCOVER :-1:
7 SIZE

- why not having the sim?
- 7mb are the total of giga..! consumed in day ,on the road?
- how have the traffic in :-1: - SWITZERLAND..without your partner that has closed the 2g..there?
- why TomTom does not publish the cost of the AUTOVELOX..AFTER THE FIRST YEAR?not found
- why from my drive app: always a message..error,impossible to send the mail for help?
- and not valid the number 02..always used fro years in italy

ABOUT MY: GO PREMIUM X:

after last software update,of 3 days ago,impossible to connect the premium x to the app ..to have bluetooth connection,i still have traffic

some questions ,from an old user,having 6200..and go premium x.

would you change a : go premium x,6 size, with a ..go discover 7?
thanks for your time.
Tagged:

Answers

• rider1riderrider1rider Posts: 1,062 [Exalted Pioneer]
    no announcement about go disc 7 sim. only traffic by paring with phone.

using iphone

• macman_2021macman_2021 Posts: 21 [Master Explorer]
    thanks,but i will wait for Vikram's answer for a complete answer to my questions.
    in any case,no announcement waht does it means?
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,528 Moderator
    edited March 9
    Hi @macman_2021
    Welcome to the community!
    - why not having the sim?

The SIM card in our devices support the 2G network; looking at the recent closures in some countries we have avoided launching a device with a built-in SIM.
    We are looking at developing some variants but it's too early to comment. A lot would depend on the feedback and reviews after this launch.
    - 7mb are the total of giga..! consumed in day ,on the road?

If you are referring to the data usage after pairing with a smartphone for traffic connectivity then 'Yes'. More information also available on our support page here- https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013898160
    - how have the traffic in :-1: - SWITZERLAND..without your partner that has closed the 2g..there?

For now, all TomTom's that support Bluetooth pairing with a smartphone will continue to receive Traffic and speed cameras updates including the GO Discover. It uses data from the phone SIM.
    - why TomTom does not publish the cost of the AUTOVELOX..AFTER THE FIRST YEAR?not found

The devices are sold with a 1-year subscription and I think the services for speed cameras on our webshop here will also be applicable for the GO DIscover.
    I will also check and confirm this with my team.
    - why from my drive app: always a message..error,impossible to send the mail for help?

Have you tried reinstallation of the app? Or else my advise would be to report this to our customer service.
    - and not valid the number 02..always used fro years in italy

Sorry, did not understand this part of your question. Could you explain a bit more?
    after last software update,of 3 days ago,impossible to connect the premium x to the app ..to have bluetooth connection,i still have traffic

Are you using the app on an Android or iPhone?
    I would suggest a factory reset on the device.
    [Make sure you have back for your stored places, using MyDrive web]
    Delete all the previous pairing on your smartphone.
    Once deleted restart the phone and follow the steps available on our support article here-https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013958659
    - would you change a : go premium x,6 size, with a ..go discover 7?
    thanks for your time.

Unfortunately, we don't exchange devices, sorry :( .But if you wish to upgrade then get in touch with our customer service. As an existing customer, you are entitled to get discount vouchers on the purchase of a new device.

Thank you, Vikram :)
  • macman_2021macman_2021 Posts: 21 [Master Explorer]
    Hi Vikram,
    thanks for your detailed answers, i try to be more precise :

- COST AUTOVELOX AFTER FIRST YEAR.
    annually €30..not cheap,but this is.

- ABOUT CUSTOMER SUPPORT IN ITALY:
    02..etc..
    i see,not in use,probably because of the virus.

- CONNECTION BLUETOOTH:
    i have finally connected my premium x ,with iphone,with tethering..pairing with numbers,clicking :connect both on device and the iphone.
    will i have traffic info and read sms or w. app messages with it?

- TRAFFIC ABROAD:
    with GO DISCOVER and..my actual premium x,will have i costs..receiving traffic info abroad? i have unlimited giga..in Italy,i will check Vodafone..worried..a problem.

- DATA CONSUMING:
    yes,oneor 2 hours a day checked the 7 mega answer ,from Tom Tom section.

- ABOUT COUPONS :
    1) how to receive a coupon for a discounted price for : go discover 7?
    2) having a..premium x ,6..is there a real difference,,improvement, with a..go discover7?
    .i would say: HD display,7..,but is it really more bright?..... detailed?

the graphic of the maps is the same i suppose,only the blue rectangole shows a variation of graphic...make the upgrade..? uhmm..

3) dimensions are 1,5 cm..larger than a premium x,hope with the inclined glass of a Ford Focus..is possible to attack it to the glass.

hope this questions and your kind answers, help also other confused cliects.
    have a good day, Vikram.