does anyone know where I can get my now useless battery changed on GO 6100? — TomTom Community

does anyone know where I can get my now useless battery changed on GO 6100?

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,216
    Superuser
    Hi @nightrunner

Look at Youtube for GO6100 battery replacement videos and if you feel able at your own risk to do it yourself then the batteries can be found on Ebay etc.

Doug
  • nightrunnernightrunner Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks Doug, However, my eyesight is nowhere near as good as it used to be, have watched the videos and all those fiddly little connections, and do not feel confident enough to attempt this myself, which Is why I was looking for somewhere that will order the correct battery and replace it for me, To be honest, I am astounded that Tom Tom do not offer a replacement service, when you pay over £300 for a piece of kit, I would have expected it to last for more than two and a half years
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,216
    Superuser
    edited March 8
    Hi @Nightrider

Tomtom do repairs however it is significantly more expensive than doing it yourself . If I had your issue I would ask my 9 year old Grandson to do it for me. 😂😂😂 If you want to use the TT repair service you need to contact Customer Support via chat and arrange it. There are others on line that offer a service.

Batteries can be variable and so far I fortunately have only had to change one battery in over ten years of having TT units. Certainly letting them be flat for a period does not do the batteries any good.

Doug
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,621
    Superusers
    Hi
    @nightrunner
    Battery change Tomtom GO 6000...

Stay Safe... ATB YFM