Why does my K2 Rider 2nd edition only work when I update a QuickGPSfix for 7 days. — TomTom Community

Why does my K2 Rider 2nd edition only work when I update a QuickGPSfix for 7 days.

Bob-Free-59Bob-Free-59 Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
Why does my K2 Rider 2nd edition only work when I update a QuickGPSfix for 7 days.
Tagged:

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,388 Moderator
    Hi @Bob-Free-59
    Welcome to the community!
    The question is not clear. What exactly happens when you say the device does not work?

The update for QuckGPSfix is enhancing satellite connectivity and GPS accuracy.
    More information- https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013960459

Regards, Vikram
  • Bob-Free-59Bob-Free-59 Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Hi Vikram, thank you for responding. To try and clarify, My rider 2nd edition will only locate satelite positions and operate correctly when I install a current GPX fix from Mydrive connect. If I don't do this every 7 days it will only locate them but the GPS bars stay grey and will not turn blue...many thanks. Bob
  • TigerRiderTigerRider Posts: 121 [Supreme Navigator]
    @Bob-Free-59, Guys,
    A year or so back the GPS data stream changed very slightly as one of the parameters got one binary digit bigger. Most/all SatNavs designed before this extra bit arrived could not cope. In essence there was a Y2K event on the GPS signal.

My aging Garmin XL12 from 1995 still sort of works but the time detail doesn't work and it takes an age to find and sync to the satellites. TomTom warned us all that our older units, my Rider 2 as an example, wouldn't cope and I was effectively obsoleted up to Ride550. I really miss my Rider 2. Less flash but so much better on many levels.

Its likely the your weekly update gets your unit back in sync but only for a short time.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,978
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Bob-Free-59
    Welcome to the site....
    Tomtom FAQ... No GPS signal on your navigation device? Here's what to do:
    See... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013900280

Stay Safe... ATB YFM