On screen keyboard for entering postcodes / addresses — TomTom Community

On screen keyboard for entering postcodes / addresses

I'm expecting either default behaviour or an option within settings to achieve this, but how can I have both number buttons and lettered buttons shown on the on-screen keyboard at the same time?

Currently when choosing to 'Drive to' / 'Address' I get an onscreen keyboard with QWERTY buttons for the letters.

It is quite tedious to enter a UK postcode because they generally jump from letters to numbers and back to letters.

Q1, W2, E3, R4, T5, Y6, U7, I8, O9, P0

I either have to long press the button to get to the number.

Or press the 123?! button to swap between letters and numbers/symbols.

The option of a dedicated number row above the QWERTY buttons feels obvious for the UK but I can't find in settings how to show it?

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,872
    Superuser
    Hi @JamesGB

I am afraid there is no option that will do what you want. The methodology you have described is how you can alternate between numbers and letters.

Doug
  • JamesGBJamesGB Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @JamesGB

I am afraid there is no option that will do what you want. The methodology you have described is how you can alternate between numbers and letters.

Doug

Hi Doug,

That's a shame because it's frustrating trying to enter a UK postcode as a destination (fairly accurate for most destinations in the UK) because of the current design choice.

On my device there is space for a number row so the option to display one would make the experience of using the device much more pleasant.

Is TomTom the type of company that genuinely listens to its customers to get feedback and suggestions for improvements to what we pay them for - and if so, how do we do that?