The GPRS status stays disconnected tomtom — TomTom Community

The GPRS status stays disconnected tomtom

Hello,

The GPRS status stays disconnected.
Ive made the latest app update, soft and hard resets.
I had the issue on another of my device and support managed to help me.
Can you help me again this time?

its for the device ZAxxxxxxxx478

Thank you in advance.

Kr
Barchstein

Mod edit: Please don't post private or personal information on a public forum. Thanks!

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,261
    Superuser
    Hi @barchstein

GPRS will be shown as Disconnected if the int is connected to Wifi. Is it the case when our and about.

Doug
  • barchsteinbarchstein Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    even when not connected to wifi for a couple 100 km, it stays on disconnected...
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,261
    Superuser
    edited March 2
    Hi @barchstein

Okay so I would normally suggest that you do a Factory Reset but you say you have done that already. That being the case then I suggest you contact Customer Support via Chat and advise them of your issue and they can check the Sims status.

Try the following:-

Tap Support at the top of this page
    Sign in Top Right of next Page. (you have to do this)
    When signed in Tap Contact Us bottom right
    Help Box appears and after a few seconds Get in Touch also appears
    Tap Get in Touch
    You are now offered Chat or Email. If Chat is closed it will tell you the hours that it will be available.

Chat is busy you may have to try a few times.

If you have an issue with the above try another web browser.

There is one other possibility but if you try it I is at your own risk and would void any warrantee you may have. The SIM card is under the Serial number label on the bottom and carefully removing the label you can gently push the sim I so it disconnects just like a memory card . Then you can remove and carefully clean the contacts and then insert it a few times to help clear any corrosion there may be on its internal contacts. This has worked for a few.

Doug
  • SplinterSplinter Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Just paid for live services and can’t get it work says got no gprs help please
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,670
    Superusers
    edited March 6
    Hi
    @Splinter
    Welcome to the site...
    The GO 6000 has Lifetime Live Traffic via a built-in GPRS SIM there's no need to pay for Live Services....

Check... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> System --> About....
    Scroll down to Data Connection... What data connection does the device Report ???
    If the Data Connection is USB.... The USB connection will take priority over the GPRS SIM....
    Try disconnecting the USB lead....

Recheck the Data Connection...
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) → Setting → System → About…
    Scroll down to Data Connection & GPRS Status....
    What does the device report...???
    Is the GPRS Status... Connected ???
    Are the following categories displaying any Numbers ???
    MCC/MNC
    IMEI
    SIM ID
    GPRS Model

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,670
    Superusers
    edited March 6
    Hi Again
    @Splinter
    Also be aware that for a Live Device the SIM card is automatically deactivated if the Live Traffic on the device has NOT been used for 18 months....
    Tomtom sends emails to the affected users and give 28 days notice before deactivating the SIM card... In this in the above circumstance the deactivated SIM cannot be reactivated....

Maybe worth consideration... I think the SIM contacts oxidize over time and removing and replacing the SIM a few times remakes the connection....

The GO 6000 Ranges are NAV4 devices, there is no need to disassemble the device....
    If you hold your 6000 Upside-down i.e.... the connections at the top and with the screen facing away from you, the SIM is under the CE sticker to the left of the Micro USB port....

ezilfl3wmmhg.jpg
    With the device turned OFF...
    Carefully remove the sticker... It's advisable to use Antistatic precautions when handling the SIM... You will need a pair of fine pointed tweezers to remove the SIM
    If you pull out the SIM a little way, and reinsert it a few times it should remake a good connection
    Note: When reinserting the SIM have the contacts facing away from the GO 5100 screen
    Use double-sided sticky tape to replace the CE sticker

Note... The above will void your Tomtom guarantee....
    All the usual disclaimers apply, all the above is at your own discretion

Stay Safe... ATB YFM