No Report Speed Camera Button? — TomTom Community

No Report Speed Camera Button?

simplysup2simplysup2 Posts: 26 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
edited March 1 in GO Discover & GO Expert
Hi, I do not have a Report Speed Camera button/icon on my GO Discover speed panel, when in guidance view. The manual says there should be one. Also, when tapping on the speed panel, there is no "Report speed camera" option. How does one report a camera location?

Nigel

Best Answer

• simplysup2simplysup2 Posts: 26 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    edited March 3 Accepted Answer
    Eureka.

I have found the cause, and the solution - in part thanks to Waszko, for suggesting I reset the unit. I didn't think that would make any difference as I've had it for less than a week, and I've never seen the 'Report Speed Camera' icon - but I was wrong.

After the reset, the report camera icon magically appeared. Happily, I went on to re-configure the unit settings to my liking - and the button was gone again! I started reversing my settings changes, and found the culprit - Menu | Settings | Sound | Alerts & sounds. Toggle 'Safety warnings' off - I did, as I'm not planning on going to France anytime soon and don't want to know about accident blackspots - and the Report Camera icon disappears. Toggle it back on (I hadn't noticed it has a sub-menu, where I can turn off accident blackspots anyway) and the camera icon re-appears.

Thanks all for your help and suggestions.

Nigel

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,265
    Superuser
    Hi @simplysup2

Any time you Tap the Blue Icon that is your current position, including as you drive along, and it gives you a Sub Menu with Report a Camera.

Doug
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,676
    Superusers
    Hi
    @simplysup2
    Welcome to the site....
    Just planned a route on my GO Discover --> Then started a Route Demo....
    The 'Report a Speed Cam' Icon is displayed as normal on the right-hand side of the speed bar....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    edited March 2
    Mmm.. thanks Doug and YamFazMan for your input. I don't see the same thing on my unit. No report camera icon on the speed bar, and when I click on the blue icon as Doug suggests, all I get is the road name I'm on, and the option to "Avoid Blocked Road".

For the avoidance of doubt, my application version is 20.100.0046 (prod-keys) (28/01/2021), and Speed Camera Updates are shown as activated - although I've not received one yet.

I'd be grateful if a mod could take a look at my account and see if there is any problem there. This unit is registered to [email protected]

Nigel

Mod edit: Please don't post private or personal information on a public forum. Thanks!
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,676
    Superusers
    edited March 2
    Hi
    @simplysup2
    Screenshot... Tomtom Discover 7" running a route demo....

bl2mgws47g9k.jpg

ATB YFM
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,265
    Superuser
    Hi @simplysup2

Could you check the following please

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap System
    Tap Your information and privacy
    Is the first option Use my Location etc should be Selected.

Doug
  • Waszko1980Waszko1980 Posts: 42 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    If you do not have a GPS signal, the Speed Camera icon will not appear. He must get the signal. That's how it is with me.
    YamFazMan wrote: »
    Hi
    @simplysup2

ATB YFM

I don't get the camera icon, just the speed and the road name.
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @simplysup2

Could you check the following please

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap System
    Tap Your information and privacy
    Is the first option Use my Location etc should be Selected.

Doug

Hi Doug, Use my location is checked -if it wasn't, I wouldn't be receiving traffic etc.
    Waszko1980 wrote: »
    If you do not have a GPS signal, the Speed Camera icon will not appear. He must get the signal. That's how it is with me.

Been out today, GPS signal fine, no camera icon.

Is my software version the same as everyone else? (20.100.0046 prod-keys 28/01/2021)

Because if it is - and I presume it is - then I haven't a clue why I don't get the report speed camera icon and everyone else does!

Nigel
    YamFazMan wrote: »
    Hi
    @simplysup2

bl2mgws47g9k.jpg

ATB YFM

This is what my screen looks like:
    pnrn6911sx1i.jpg
    (20.100.0046 prod-keys 28/01/2021)
    I have the same software version.
    Try to reset your device so reset to factory settings.
    edited March 3 Accepted Answer
    Eureka.

I have found the cause, and the solution - in part thanks to Waszko, for suggesting I reset the unit. I didn't think that would make any difference as I've had it for less than a week, and I've never seen the 'Report Speed Camera' icon - but I was wrong.

After the reset, the report camera icon magically appeared. Happily, I went on to re-configure the unit settings to my liking - and the button was gone again! I started reversing my settings changes, and found the culprit - Menu | Settings | Sound | Alerts & sounds. Toggle 'Safety warnings' off - I did, as I'm not planning on going to France anytime soon and don't want to know about accident blackspots - and the Report Camera icon disappears. Toggle it back on (I hadn't noticed it has a sub-menu, where I can turn off accident blackspots anyway) and the camera icon re-appears.

Thanks all for your help and suggestions.

Nigel
    Perhaps Safety warnings is about reporting information on the road.