Built in TomTom Carminat Renault Megane "System not configured. Connect diagnostic tool" — TomTom Community

Built in TomTom Carminat Renault Megane "System not configured. Connect diagnostic tool"

ApelApel Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
edited February 28 in Built in car navigation
Hey guys, i really need some help. In my Reanult Megane from 2011 I have a built in TomTom Carminat. The screen just says "System not configured. Please connect diagnostic tool".

After searching the internet i have seen many more with the same problem but have not seen anyone that typed the solution of the problem. I have tried a few things like delete the loopdir folder on the SD card. Installed new maps. Did the updates that were available. But still the same text is on the screen.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

All the best
Niklas

Comments

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,388 Moderator
    @Apel
    Hi Niklas
    Welcome to the community! Have you tried the restore process explained in our article here- https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013961519

Regards, Vikram
  • ApelApel Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Hi @VikramK! Yes I tried to follow the steps. I have a macbook and i am on the step "Disk Utility lists the available disks and their volumes. Select the volume under your navigation device.". But i dont have a volume under "TOMTOMDISK". I only have the the TOMTOMDISK. I can see that it is formated in MS-DOS (FAT16) already. I proceed with the following steps but it didn't work. Still the same error on the screen.

"System not configured. Please connect diagnostic tool". Everything else is working like the radio. But I cant do anything on the screen, it is frozen with the text i just mentioned.
  • AngryBirdAngryBird Posts: 21 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    @Apel you'll have to go to the dealer to make autoconfiguration of the satnav with Clip tool. (unless you have this tool)