Why does my start 60 tell me to connect it to my computer every time i switch it on? — TomTom Community

Why does my start 60 tell me to connect it to my computer every time i switch it on?

I think I posted this in the wrong area before. My Start 60 has had a new battery fitted and now tells me to connect it to my computer every time I turn it on even though it has just been connected and up dated. How do I stop it doing this?

Best Answer

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,028
    Superusers
    edited February 28 Accepted Answer
    Hi
    @Perran
    You should be using the Tomtom supplied cable and Tomtom supplied Power Adapter
    The Charger Adapter and USB Cable supplied by Tomtom WILL run and charge the device at the same time....
    Do NOT attach them to a dashboard USB port in your vehicle as they normally only supply 500mAmp (0.5Amp) and are for data transfer and not supplying power....
    See... Note (1) & (2)

Note (1)... At an (Undisclosed) percentage of battery discharge, the device will try to save its power requirements by dimming the screen and eventually powers off the device... Devices with a built-in SIM Card may also lose Live Traffic services
    Note (2)... A dashboard USB port can also fool a NAV4 Device into entering 'Updating Mode' and display the Connected to your Computer splash screen
    Note (3)... I tried connecting my Tomtom GO 6200 to my Cars USB port, checked the connection status it reports....
    'Connected over USB' --> 'GPRS (SIM) Disconnected'

ATB YFM

Answers

Superusers
    edited February 28
    Hi
    @Perran
    Do you have this error/info message All the time ??? Or when connected to your Car ??? Are you using a dashboard USB port on your car??? As they can fool a Tomtom Device into entering 'Updating Mode' and displaying the 'Connect' or 'Connected' to your Computer splash screen....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • PerranPerran Posts: 5 [Novice Seeker]
    Hi YamFazMan. It is only when plugged in to the usb port in my car.
    Superusers
    edited February 28 Accepted Answer
    Hi
    @Perran
    You should be using the Tomtom supplied cable and Tomtom supplied Power Adapter
    The Charger Adapter and USB Cable supplied by Tomtom WILL run and charge the device at the same time....
    Do NOT attach them to a dashboard USB port in your vehicle as they normally only supply 500mAmp (0.5Amp) and are for data transfer and not supplying power....
    See... Note (1) & (2)

Note (1)... At an (Undisclosed) percentage of battery discharge, the device will try to save its power requirements by dimming the screen and eventually powers off the device... Devices with a built-in SIM Card may also lose Live Traffic services
    Note (2)... A dashboard USB port can also fool a NAV4 Device into entering 'Updating Mode' and display the Connected to your Computer splash screen
    Note (3)... I tried connecting my Tomtom GO 6200 to my Cars USB port, checked the connection status it reports....
    'Connected over USB' --> 'GPRS (SIM) Disconnected'

ATB YFM