TomTom Go 6000 no longer connects to GPRS — TomTom Community

TomTom Go 6000 no longer connects to GPRS

I noticed last weekend that my Go 6000 no longer connects to GPRS. The status remains as "Connecting..."

I did a drum roll reset; this did not help. Then I did a full hard reset. When the device restarted, I tried to activate TomTom services by logging onto my Tomtom Account; I got an error "Oops We are having trouble accessing TomTom services. Please try again later".

Here are some details:-
- All the latest software / maps etc. are installed
- GPS is connected

Any help please?

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,670
    Superusers
    edited February 24
    Hi
    @Wako
    Are you sat at Home with the device connected over USB with MyDrive Connect running on your PC
    If 'Yes' The USB Connection will take priority over GPRS SIM.....
    Check... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> System --> About....
    Scroll down to Data Connection... What data connection does the device Report ???
    If the Data Connection is USB....
    Try disconnecting the USB lead....

Recheck the Data Connection...
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) → Setting → System → About…
    Scroll down to Data Connection & GPRS Status....
    What does the device report...???
    Is the GPRS Status... Connected ???
    Are the following categories displaying any Numbers ???
    MCC/MNC
    IMEI
    SIM ID
    GPRS Model

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • WakoWako Posts: 32 [Master Explorer]
    edited February 24
    @YamFazMan

Thank you for your prompt reply. The Go 6000 is sitting in my car and not connected to a PC via USB. Here are the details from "About"
    • Data Connection: None
    • GPRS Status: Connecting ... (20404,0,1,0,0,0), after a while it changed to "Disconnected (20404,0,1,38,0,0)"
    • MCC/MNC: MCC/MNC is not even listed
    • IMEI: IMEI is not even listed
    • SIM ID: SIM ID is not even listed
    • GPRS Model: 16.00.152

Thank you in Advance.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,670
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Wako
    Also be aware that for a Live Device the SIM card is automatically deactivated if the device Live Traffic Subscription has NOT been renewed for 18 months....
    Tomtom sends emails the affected users and give 28 days notice before deactivating the SIM card... In this in the above circumstance the deactivated SIM cannot be reactivated....

Maybe worth consideration... I think the SIM contacts oxidize over time and removing and replacing the SIM a few times remakes the connection....

The GO 6000 Ranges are NAV4 devices, there is no need to disassemble the device....
    If you hold your 6000 Upside-down i.e.... the connections at the top and with the screen facing away from you, the SIM is under the CE sticker to the left of the Micro USB port....

ezilfl3wmmhg.jpg
    With the device turned OFF...
    Carefully remove the sticker... It's advisable to use Antistatic precautions when handling the SIM... You will need a pair of fine pointed tweezers to remove the SIM
    If you pull out the SIM a little way, and reinsert it a few times it should remake a good connection
    Note: When reinserting the SIM have the contacts facing away from the GO 5100 screen
    Use double-sided sticky tape to replace the CE sticker

Note... The above will void your Tomtom guarantee....
    All the usual disclaimers apply, all the above is at your own discretion

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • WakoWako Posts: 32 [Master Explorer]
    @YamFazMan

Hi,
    My Go 6000 has lifetime traffic, maps, and speed cameras. My device was able to connect to GPRS recently and get live traffic and cameras , it stopped working sometime in the last two weeks or so.

I cleaned the sim card as suggested. It did not help.

I think TomTom has deactivated the built-in SIM card for some reason. This happened to me a few years ago, TomTom support reactivated the sim at their end and GPRS started to work again.

Is it possible to check the status of the Sim Card at TomTom's end? If not, can you please provide me with a contact number in The Netherlands so I can talk to a support person?

Thank You
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,261
    Superuser
    Hi @Wako

There has been no phone line customer service since the start of this current situation. Try the following..

Tap Support at the top of this page
    Sign in Top Right of next Page. (you have to do this)
    When signed in Tap Contact Us bottom right
    Help Box appears and after a few seconds Get in Touch also appears
    Tap Get in Touch
    You are now offered Chat or Email. If Chat is closed it will tell you the hours that it will be available.

Chat is busy you may have to try a few times.

Doug