You sell nav maps yet i can't seem to find the solution to my enquiry on your site? ironically lost — TomTom Community

You sell nav maps yet i can't seem to find the solution to my enquiry on your site? ironically lost

DexstarDexstar Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
edited February 23 in Built in car navigation
I have purchased a subscription via go app for $19.95/year and when trying to export these maps to my uconnect device in my fiat ducato, i cannot gain access to them via phone. i have inserted a usb into the port and managed to download the maps from the fiat uconnect device, however i only seem to have europe.
Why is it that i paid $19.95 for annual subscription on mobile ios app and yet you are asking $89.95 to download it to my computer in order to transfer it to my uconnect device. its the same product and uses the same data.

Best Answer

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,861 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Dexstar
    Welcome to the community! The subscription for the GO Navigation app is completely different compared to the subscription required to update the maps on a U-Connect device.

If you wish to update the maps on the UConnect you need to buy a new map or a map update services on our webshop here- https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/sat-nav/maps-services/shop/travel-map/
    (Note- Please check the map compatibility before placing an order)

Thanks, Vikram

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,861 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Dexstar
    Welcome to the community! The subscription for the GO Navigation app is completely different compared to the subscription required to update the maps on a U-Connect device.

If you wish to update the maps on the UConnect you need to buy a new map or a map update services on our webshop here- https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/sat-nav/maps-services/shop/travel-map/
    (Note- Please check the map compatibility before placing an order)

Thanks, Vikram
  • DexstarDexstar Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    how is it different, satellites monitor both items in order to produce the same data, if i have my phone and uconnect maps active, are you telling me something different happens to the info provided by two different devices? Please explain
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,423
    Superusers
    edited February 23
    Hi
    @Dexstar
    Welcome to the site....
    The Maps are locked to the individual device by a unique serial number and the Maps are >> NONE << transferable....
    The later NAV4 and latest NAV5 (Wi-Fi) Tomtom devices have Free Lifetime Maps.... But the Free Maps are still >> NONE << transferable....

The earlier NAV2 & NAV3 devices can have Subscription Maps or Free Lifetime Maps depending on the retail offer at the time of sale....
    My two NAV3 device have Free Lifetime Maps....

I think the Built-in car navigation devices are usually updated at the vehicle manufactures Dealership or the manufactures Support Website....

Stay Safe ATB YFM