How do I update my Mazda CX5 2014 SD card? — TomTom Community

How do I update my Mazda CX5 2014 SD card?

Kaz3Kaz3 Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
edited February 25 in Built in car navigation
I have my SD card in my Mac and have purchased updated maps and now wont let me load. Ive tried both TomTom home and Smart Media connect - both asking me for a cable and wont let me go any further.

Comments

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,861 Moderator
    Hi @Kaz3
    Welcome to the community! I don't find a device linked to your TomTom account.
    Is the SD card recognized when you open TomTom HOME? See this article -https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013901620

Thanks, Vikram
  • Kaz3Kaz3 Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Thanks for getting back to me. I have not been able to register the SD card because its asking me for a cable. I brought the car second hand and the maps are a couple of years old.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,861 Moderator
    HI @Kaz3
    Ideally, a cable should not be required. When the card is connected to your Mac TomTom HOME should see it as a device.

Do you use an external card reader or a built-in card reader(Mac)
    Could you try a format - re-initialise the card in the Carminat system?

Regards, Vikram
  • Kaz3Kaz3 Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Thanks Vikram, it is still not working.
    I use a built in card reader on the mac. I noticed on many of the other discussions it seems that everyone with a mac is having the same problems I am with TomTom Home not opening at all.

i have even tried on a windows computer and the SD card read fine.
    As soon as I try to update it gets half way through then says I cancelled the update. which I did not . and now its saying I now have something wrong with my SD card.
    Either way I am no closer to getting access to the maps I have paid for - Im not happy.

Any help will be greatly appreacited