TomTom GO audio issue on my iPhone — TomTom Community

TomTom GO audio issue on my iPhone

F-150F-150 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
TomTom GO's audio no longer works on my iPhone. The built-in "Support" bot tells me the only ways to fix it is to perform either a soft or hard reset. Soft reset fixed the problem once, but not anymore. I'm not about to perform a factory reset, which would not only erase TomTom's data files, but every other application's as well. Any other suggestions?

BTW, I'm not playing any music through my iPhone and have set the volume in Settings to maximum.

Best Answer

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,324 Moderator
    edited February 24 Accepted Answer
    Hi @F-150

Can you hear any instructions/sounds from the App or the volume is too low? Are you using CarPlay or connected to any Bluetooth system? On the Main Menu screen, the below button shows that you can hear voice instructions. Do you have that enabled?
    5j6p77brk18p.png
    (Please use the physical volume buttons during a voice instruction to increase the volume on the App)

Regards, lampard

Answers

edited February 23
    Hi @F-150

Is this about the GO Navigation app (Mobile) or the GO device?

Regards, lampard
  • F-150F-150 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    The GO Navigation app.
    edited February 24 Accepted Answer
    Hi @F-150

Can you hear any instructions/sounds from the App or the volume is too low? Are you using CarPlay or connected to any Bluetooth system? On the Main Menu screen, the below button shows that you can hear voice instructions. Do you have that enabled?
    5j6p77brk18p.png
    (Please use the physical volume buttons during a voice instruction to increase the volume on the App)

Regards, lampard
  • F-150F-150 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks. Problem solved.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,003
    Superuser
    HI @F-150

Glad you are sorted. Could you outline the solution to your issue for the benefit of others.

Doug