Is there an air vent mount for GO Premium X? — TomTom Community

Is there an air vent mount for GO Premium X?

I’m looking for a premium x air vent mount. Is there one ?

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,872
    Superuser
    edited February 22
    Hi @Jandrive

Think this is the one you want. It lists the 5" and 6" Premium models .

https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/sat-nav/accessories/mounts-docks/air-vent-mount-V3/

Doug
  • LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 16,518
    Superusers
    https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/sat-nav/accessories/mounts-docks/air-vent-mount-V3/

Go Premium and Premium X have the same mount.
    It is often not recommended for 6" devices because of the weight.
    But you can try it, since 6" are listed on the compatibility.
  • JandriveJandrive Posts: 7 [Novice Seeker]
    Thank you both but I ordered that one and it doesn’t fix on to the premium x . It’s got a different fixing .they’ve changed the way of mounting annoyingly. There is another one but it won’t let me buy it and I can’t find a way to ask anyone from TomTom. I’ve spent hours trying 😬
    Superusers
    edited February 22
    I think you have byed a mount for a Go5100...
    they have the contacts on the bottom of the mount
    8jjly2lt1akd.png

This is the right one with contacts on top of the mount.
    ot3nd8huwnqh.png

Do you have the second one?

Ps: You can contact TomTom this Way:
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1714844/#Comment_1714844
    Thank you. I have bought the top one! I need the second one. I did not have my new sat nav at the time I ordered it. Hopefully now it will be sorted. Many thanks 😀
    Superusers
    No problem.
    When you receive it, I would be interested to know if you are satisfied with it. For example, whether it holds well on the blades of the ventilation or whether it wobbles when operated.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,078
    Superusers
    edited February 22
    Ho
    @Jandrive
    I'm surprised Tomtom now recommend the Air-vent Mount for the 6" Models, previously they only recommended it for use with the 5" models... I would be concerned about the weight of the 6" devices on tiny the air-vent slats of today's vehicles....
    Also, If the vents in your vehicle through rotate 360 degrees... The mount won't work at all, the weight of the device swings around with the vent, and the device hangs upside-down at the bottom like a pendulum

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    Ok. That’s my concern too and maybe the vibrations will make it loose. I’m concerned about putting it on the dashboard or windscreen as I’ve heard you’re not supposed to do that so thought this would be a good option.
    Superusers
    edited February 22
    Hi
    @Jandrive
    I use the Dashboard Mount discs (See link below) and have the device mounted centrally on the dashboard between the driver and passenger
    Here... https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/sat-nav/accessories/mounts-docks/dashboard-mount-disks/

The Mount set For Windscreen use...

iffierccnjlp.png

Mount twisted around the ball joint 180 Degrees....
    Set for Dashboard use...

33l7lu3pdcur.png

The ball joint is tight, it has to stand the weight of the 6" Units....
    You will need the strength of the God Thor and the wrists of a Dentist to rotate the mount :)
    ATB YFM
    Ok. Do they stay on? My previous one was the go 6000 and I had it on the cushion on the dashboard and it just kept falling off which was useless. So I’m apprehensive about mounting it on the dashboard. If it stays on I’m interested as I’m not sure how the air vent one will work. Thank you for the help though as I was beginning to regret getting this one now.. someone told me that they shouldn’t be mounted on the windscreen so I need an alternative . Thanks so much for your help.😀hm not sure I’m as strong as Thor though and will look out for a dentist lol
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,872
    Superuser
    HI @Jandrive

There are the odd country that say you cannot fit the units on the windscreen but that is not the case in the UK.

The Thor comment is a good point as some do not believe that the Ball Socket on the back of the holder will move as it is a very tight fit .but it will move.

Doug
    Thank you. I’ll look carefully at the options and hopefully find one that works 😀
    Superusers
    edited February 22
    Hi
    @Jandrive
    The Dashboard Mount discs need a reasonably flat area around 80mm diameter....
    I've used them in my last 3 cars NEVER had a problem....
    I'm now using the Dashboard Mount disc with my new 7" Tomtom GO Discover.....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM