Speed Camera Subscription Renewal - How long after purchase before device is updated? — TomTom Community

Speed Camera Subscription Renewal - How long after purchase before device is updated?

tyredngrumpeetyredngrumpee Posts: 20 [Master Explorer]
I have just purchased an annual camera subscription after a system update had deactivated the original setup.
The original sub had lapsed by several years (2018), so can't complain really.
The update isn't instantaneous, so then, how long will I have to wait before I can use MyDrive to update the device.
Currently MyDrive continues to show my speed camera account as "expired".

Thanks

Comments

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,996
    Superuser
    Hi @tyredngrumpee

During the current situation with so many working from home some subscriptions do appear to be taking longer than usual to be allocated to the relevant account If it has not sorted itself then I suggest you contact Customer support on Monday via Chat as they can sort it whilst you are online.

Try the following:-

Tap Support at the top of this page
    Sign in Top Right of next Page. (you have to do this)
    When signed in Tap Contact Us bottom right
    Help Box appears and after a few seconds Get in Touch also appears
    Tap Get in Touch
    You are now offered Chat or Email. If Chat is closed it will tell you the hours that it will be available.

Chat is busy you may have to try a few times.

https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919/

Doug
  • tyredngrumpeetyredngrumpee Posts: 20 [Master Explorer]
    Hi @DougLap

I've followed your advice and can say that Chat is pretty well much unavailable.
    Which is odd when you think about it, given "the current situation"
    I've tried for 2 days and been rejected without explanation. Basically a dead button on the support page [Get In Touch] and a demented chat bot that offers no clues.
    This is very poor UI behaviour. It is a pretty poor show.

I've got a ticket number for an email support request and a receipt from TomTom, telling me that they have my money.

I would have expected better service given the nature of the product, digital, OTA, OTN and the closed environment and limited scope for case scenarios.

I will be patient.
    2-3 more days of this though ..........

Peter

Superuser
    Hi @tyredngrumpee

Chat working today, it does not work at weekends although it should tell you that,

Doug
    edited February 22
    Hi @DougLap

I can assure you that Chat wasn't working today for me.

What I can say is that the chat window behaviour has changed this evening and is offering either email or chat tomorrow between 0900 and 1730 BST.

It wasn't doing this at all today (at least 20x attempts) until I checked your follow up and I looked for myself again this evening 2150 using Chrome.

I also tried using Firefox as an alternative during the day and the behaviour didn't change.
    Now it has, as with Chrome.

A real headscratcher and not very reassuring to say the least.

Will try again tomorrow as the matter of my Speed Camera subscription still has not been addressed.

Hi @DougLap

Browser being more cooperative today and solved issue involving lack of device number.
    Thanks to Monika J
    There appears to be a way of purchasing a digital product without first associating it to a specific device
    This is a fault on the purchasing side
    I was always left with the impression I was buying against the only device I held on my account
    I believe I purchased through the website as opposed to MyDrive. I was logged in though.
    This is a fault that should be corrected.

"Tuesday
    Contacted support easily and spoke with Monika. (in contrast to Monday experience)
    Browsers working.
    The solution for me was that my device # hadn't been associated with my order.
    Odd, as I only have one device.
    Easily solved at Monika's end and fixed in 5-10 minutes at mine on MyDrive Connect.

Hope yours goes well Good Luck"
    Superuser
    Hi @tyredngrumpee

Glad you are sorted. Your comment on the ability to be able to order without association is interesting and hopefully this will be picked up by one of the Mods.

My order is still buried in the UPS system.

Doug