GO Discover Users - is it any better than the GO 620/6200/Premiums? — TomTom Community

GO Discover Users - is it any better than the GO 620/6200/Premiums?

simplysup2simplysup2 Posts: 19 [Outstanding Explorer]
I'm considering purchase.

If there was a version with a SIM in, or even one where I could load my own SIM, I'd have purchased it already. Now I have to decide if the promised improvements in the UI are worth upgrading - or perhaps, sideways-grading is a better term, as the lack of a SIM hurts - from my current GO6200.

So, Discover users - is it better/quicker/faster/can leap over high mountains/fly through the air better than the previous TomTom unit(s) you have used?

Nigel

Answers

• Waszko1980Waszko1980 Posts: 17 [Legendary Explorer]
    Hello.
    I also faced this problem. My greatest pity is that Discover doesn't have a SIM. I switched from a Go 5200.
    However, I made my decision and ordered the Go Discover 6 inch.
    To my surprise, connecting to the phone is not problematic. You just need to turn on internet sharing via bluetooth on your phone. They connect very quickly together as soon as you turn on navigation. Maps can only be downloaded via wifi. The layout of the map and the menu are slightly different, but I like it. You can set the case of letters and characters in 3 steps. It is impossible to change the colors, but here I understand that it is an adaptation to a uniform set of colors as in android auto or apple car.
    The handle from 5200 seems to be the same, but the cable itself is probably thicker.
    The most important thing. You have map corrections every few days, not every 3 months! And that made me buy it.
    Finally, the issue of SIM. I suspect that finally TT will not release devices with sim because the 2G is slowly turning off and they probably don't know what new card to use. Perhaps in the next devices there will be a slot for your sim card.
    In general, I noticed faster road recalculation, a clear image on the HD screen, the touch responds better. But above all, this new version of the software will hopefully be developed with new features more often than the previous one.
    After a few days, I am also happy. And when it happens, time will tell :)