When can I use TomTom GO on my phone with Android Auto? — TomTom Community

When can I use TomTom GO on my phone with Android Auto?

HansMRoeper_002HansMRoeper_002 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
Hello, I installed TomTom Go on my phone. In my Renault Captur I have a mediasystem that works with Android Auto. It was promised that I could use TomTom Go with Android Auto soon. So I bought a phone with Android 11, but still I only can use Maps and Waze... I want to use TomTom! When does it come?

Comments

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,394 Moderator
    Hi there @HansMRoeper_002

Android Auto is available to our closed beta community which is currently full. We expect to release Android Auto on production in the short term. In meanwhile, you can subscribe to the thread here on which we'll continuously update the progress on Android Auto. Please stay tuned!

Regards, lampard
  • TrapperjemTrapperjem Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I see i can use Amigo with Android Auto but not Tomtom Go yet. Any date when that will be available. I think Go is the best navigation app there is. I would love to see it on the bigger screen in my car instead of the mobile.
  • MUPMUP Posts: 253 [Supreme Pioneer]
    edited April 14
    Trapperjem wrote: »
    I see i can use Amigo with Android Auto but not Tomtom Go yet. Any date when that will be available.
    Jürgen wrote: »
    According to the last news I have we're aiming for the end of this month. But note that it's an aim.
    So we are all still looking forward for end of April 2021.
    Just like waiting for Christmas Day evening :+1:
  • AmirMhmdAmirMhmd Posts: 17 [Master Explorer]
    MUP wrote: »
    Trapperjem wrote: »
    I see i can use Amigo with Android Auto but not Tomtom Go yet. Any date when that will be available.
    According to the last news I have we're aiming for the end of this month. But note that it's an aim.
    So we are all still looking forward for end of April 2021.
    Just like waiting for Christmas Day evening :+1:

I really hope it comes out tomorrow as planned but is it realistic? 😕
  • nrp6nrp6 Posts: 24 [Master Explorer]
    Pretty embarrassing, I must say, with all due respect.
    Paid app, several customers waiting, and what was announced the first time as a December deadline is now beyond April.
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,417
    Community Manager
    eddydc wrote: »
    When will 3.0 will be released exactly? No sign of it yet in the play store.
    I'm afraid I wasn't 100% correctly informed here and checked again. Sorry about this!

We're still testing a build equivalent to 3.0 in a smaller region to ensure there's no regression.

• paba2paba2 Posts: 41
    Staff
    It's software development not Mars colonization so no hard timelines but we hope that users will be enjoying Android Auto and other new features before summer :)
  • tgoldtgold Posts: 2,187 [Revered Voyager]
    eddydc wrote: »
    When will 3.0 will be released exactly? No sign of it yet in the play store.
    I'm afraid I wasn't 100% correctly informed here and checked again. Sorry about this!

We're still testing a build equivalent to 3.0 in a smaller region to ensure there's no regression.

Version 3.0.0 (4010) was offered up by the Play Store today.
  • fredaroony2fredaroony2 Posts: 121 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    paba2 wrote: »
    It's software development not Mars colonization so no hard timelines but we hope that users will be enjoying Android Auto and other new features before summer :)

Very poor attitude when replying to PAYING customers. You should limit your posts in here if this is what you are going to post
  • paba2paba2 Posts: 41
    Staff
    Sorry guys if it was lost in translation but it was just silly joke about unpredictability of software releases.
    3.0 looks stable so hopefully it will be released to broader audience next week.
  • AmirMhmdAmirMhmd Posts: 17 [Master Explorer]
    AmirMhmd wrote: »
    Sorry but the 3.0 build that's currently awaiting Google's approval does not yet support AA. We need to roll out this build with an updated software core before we can roll out 3.1 supporting AA. The 3.1 build is ready and will follow shortly after.

Hi
    Now that version 3.0 is released when are we expecting 3.1 that works with Android Auto to be released
    Any idea?
  • szachowaszachowa Posts: 335
    Staff
    Sorry but the 3.0 build that's currently awaiting Google's approval does not yet support AA. We need to roll out this build with an updated software core before we can roll out 3.1 supporting AA. The 3.1 build is ready and will follow shortly after.

Hi
    Now that version 3.0 is released when are we expecting 3.1 that works with Android Auto to be released
    Any idea?

We are rolling out 3.0 in stages, so full rollout has not been finished yet.

As it was stated before, after we are done with 3.0 release and everything looks OK (there are no surprises), we will begin with 3.1 release shortly after.

Please be patient, we are all excited to reach this important milestone :)
  • Andy_BushmanAndy_Bushman Posts: 12 [Legendary Explorer]
    When Amigo came out on AA I thought it was instead of TomTom Go. So pleased to read the release is imminent. I cannot wait. Been let down with my cars sat nav and google maps taking me through a closed road
  • ckkoenckkoen Posts: 17 [Outstanding Explorer]
    @lampard @Jürgen @paba2 @szachowa
    Any update on this? Thanks!
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,394 Moderator
    This topic is closed for discussion. Have a look at this thread here: https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1134595
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category1

rabero1985
rabero1985