connections — TomTom Community

connections

cbrfireblade cbrfireblade Posts: 74 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
hi guys, sorry if this sounds stupid but I dont know a lot about phones computers etc, i am old school pen and paper. Anyway i have just purchased the rider 550 and have paired my android phone to the device no problem. My question is when i ride my bike and want traffic and speed cameras etc is it only the bluetooth that needs to be switched on and everything else is switched off for data use or is there anything else for example mobile data, roaming, hotspots, tethering, bluetooth scanning, mydrive app etc that should also be switched on with the bluetooth. cheers.

Answers

• RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 714 [Revered Pioneer]
    Depending on your Phone and configuration.

You Can setup without the MyDrive App.
    Than you use BT, BT tethering, mobile data and roaming outside your own country.

With the Mydrive App.
    BT low energy, MyDrive App, mobile data and roaming outside your own country.
  • cbrfireblade cbrfireblade Posts: 74 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    thanks for the input roadrider. I assume by BT you mean british telecom but i live in spain. not knowing a lot about phones and computers etc and going by some of the other posts here I am assuming that to avoid excessive data use i only switch on bluetooth and mobile data and everthing else is switched off. cheers.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,227
    Superuser
    Hi @cbrfireblade

BT stands for Bluetooth.

Doug