MyDrive Commect doesn't run on the new macBook with the m1 Chip

JürgenWilmes
JürgenWilmes Registered Users Posts: 1
New Seeker
edited February 2021 in MyDrive Connect
Hello. MyDrive Cpmmect doesn't run on the new macBook with the m1 Chip. When do you support this type of system?

Comments

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,745
    Hi @JürgenWilmes
    Welcome to the community!
    What sort of error do you see? Were you able to install the application?

Thanks, Vikram
  • TomBomb
    TomBomb Registered Users Posts: 5
    Apprentice Seeker
    Same as above.New MacBook Air with the M1 Chip. My Drive Connect asks ne to ¨connect device¨ even when connected. I've followed all the advice on Tomtom website to reset device, update My Drive Connect software, restart Mac etc. Nothing works. Please help...
  • smithy08
    smithy08 Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    Having the same issues, bought a new USB C to micro USB as I thought that was the issue. But not able to connect to my TOMTOM and the device is not shown as an interface on the Network under system preferences.

Very frustrating from TOMTOM
  • TomBomb
    TomBomb Registered Users Posts: 5
    Apprentice Seeker
    No reply from Tomtom?
  • Roberto_pri
    Roberto_pri Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    Same issue here. Tomtom rider connected to the computer via USB to USB-c adaptor. It shows connecting in MyDrive Connect but nothing else happens, (Macbook pro M1, BigSur 11.4)
  • H52
    H52 Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    I have installed MyDrive Connect, updated the app to v4.2.11.4204. After starting the app I only get a blank window.
    I have reset the device (Go 5000), restarted my Mac (Mini, M12020) without result.
    The weird thing is that it worked fine last week.
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,745
    We recently did some changes to our application that enables them to work on a Mac computer with M1 chip. Could you check if you have the latest version of MyDrive Connect installed and see if the device is recognized?

Thank you,
    Vikram.