Have I upgraded my speed cameras? — TomTom Community

Have I upgraded my speed cameras?

Kathleen2Kathleen2 Posts: 12 [Apprentice Seeker]
edited February 15 in TomTom Services
just bought monthly subscription to keep my speed camera warning activated. i submitted card details etc and received order confirmation number but i didnt physically click anything to upkeep warnings...what do i need to do ? or has it already done it for me without me actually doing anything

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,475
    Superusers
    edited February 14
    Hi
    @Kathleen2
    Welcome to the site....
    The restrictions as a result of the COVID-19, Social Distancing and people working from home, are probably delaying the Activation of Accounts and the Allocation of Maps & Services to Account’/Devices....
    @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators should pick this up on Monday and check/correct your Tomtom Account status.....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,954 Moderator
    Hi @Kathleen2
    Welcome to the community! The order shows as active on your account.
    Could you do a soft reset and check for updates again?
    We release updates for speed cameras twice a week- Tuesday and Thursday.

Thanks, Vikram
  • Kathleen2Kathleen2 Posts: 12 [Apprentice Seeker]
    thanks for reply....i have updated, and paid for monthly subscription....when logged into my drive account it tells me i have 27 days left of my subscription and yet i drove by lots of speed cameras today and my device did not pick up 1 of them despite the mydrive account stating i have paid and have xx amount of days left ...anyone any ideas ?
  • DJSheridanDJSheridan Posts: 112 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    edited April 16
    I feel there is a huge disruption in Speed Cameras on Tom Tom as my device - a Premium X - comes with free lifetime Speed Cameras and it does not seem to pick up anything but Static Cameras and Average Speed ones...
    All Mobile locations do not appear anywhere - and I've driven 52 miles away to work and it normally picks up several locations.

Also there is a glitch as my account is showing that I have no Speed Cameras activated on my device - which I have - and they want to charge me... but my device comes with free lifetime updates.

This must be a big issue as this has been going on for a while now... although due to Covid there might be a delay... but surely this can be fixed?
    Superusers
    edited April 16
    Hi
    @
    DJSheridan wrote: »
    (Snip) Also there is a glitch as my account is showing that I have no Speed Cameras activated on my device - which I have - and they want to charge me... but my device comes with free lifetime updates (Snip)
    @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators should pick this up on Monday and check/correct your Tomtom Speed Cam Account status.....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    Superusers
    edited April 16
    Hi
    Kathleen2
    For general improvement using the Tomtom Speed Cam Database over the default settings

Always use a Computer voice...
    Serena or Malcolm here in the UK
    Also....
    From the main screen... Tap (.... Menu) -> Setting -> Sounds & Warnings...
    Set... 'Warning Type' to... Read Allowed... (Important... Needs a Computer Voice set in the Voices' menu for spoken Speed Cam warnings)
    Speed Cameras & Hazards... Set to ON
    The next 10 Setting ALL set to Always
    The next 4 Settings ALL set to ON
    Along with the standard triple 'dong dong dong' warning the device will now say....
    'Fixed Camera'
    'Mobile Hot Spot'
    'Red-light Camera'
    'Accident Black-spots
    ‘Spoken Traffic delays’

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    YamFazMan wrote: »
    Hi
    Kathleen2
    For general improvement using the Tomtom Speed Cam Database over the default settings

Always use a Computer voice...
    Serena or Malcolm here in the UK
    Also....
    From the main screen... Tap (.... Menu) -> Setting -> Sounds & Warnings...
    Set... 'Warning Type' to... Read Allowed... (Important... Needs a Computer Voice set in the Voices menu)
    Speed Cameras & Hazards... Set to ON
    The next 10 Setting ALL set to Always
    The next 4 Settings ALL set to ON
    Along with the standard triple 'dong dong dong' warning the device will now say....
    'Fixed Camera'
    'Mobile Hot Spot'
    'Red-light Camera'
    'Accident Black-spots
    ‘Spoken Traffic delays’

Stay Safe... ATB YFM

Hi @YamFazMan
    I did try this as per your suggestion last night but mine still are not showing up on the map or even alarming out for any mobile site.

I do feel this is a bigger issue than was thought as they should both show on the map and alarm out be they on computer voice or other.
  • Kathleen2Kathleen2 Posts: 12 [Apprentice Seeker]
    mines was working perfectly up until a couple of days ago when my monthly subscription was renewd, now although i have received my monthly invoice and also updated my sat nav it does not show up when passing a camera or make any noise
    Hi @Kathleen2
    I bought my Premium X about 6 weeks ago or slightly more as I had a Go 5200 which i've given to my Step Son.
    Now since I added my Premium to my account it asked me to purchase Speed Cameras - which both units have free lifetime updates so should not have to purchase.

Now all speed cams were showing on both units up till I added the new Premium... now my Premium appears to have lost the Mobile locations - checked as I know my travel to work of 52 miles I do pass several Mobile locations...
    Coincidence that all mobile locations in my vicinity have been updated and removed? Not sure - as I feel a glitch on the database alongside the account subscriptions I should already have free.

I'm waiting on Tom Tom (contact via email) to look into this and sort out.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,003
    Superuser
    edited April 17
    Hi @DJSheridan

As @YamFazMan said @VikramK or @lampard should pick this up on Monday and can check your units settings on the TT servers and adjust if required. Look back her Monday to see what they say.

If you have not tried this before you could try a Factory Reset to see if that sorts it. Before you do log into your account on the My Drive Website and check that your My places and Routes etc are saved there. If they are then they will be synced back to the device after you do the Reset.

Tap Menu/Settings/System/Reset Device.

Doug
    Hi @DougLap
    Yes I have updated the device - I have asked about this last week too - I have even contacted Tom Tom via email - but nothing suggested so far is working.

The subscription part is being looked into by Tom Tom and might take a while.

The issue of Speed Cameras not appearing on map and not identifying and alarming on route has been since I added my Premium X to my account when I had my previous Go 5200 linked too...
    Then the Subscription issues appeared and are still there... but coincidental that both these issues have appeared at the same time.

But I will wait as patiently as possible for this to be resolved - but I do know both units (although only have the Premium X now) have lifetime Speed Cameras.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,954 Moderator
    @Kathleen2

Could you try a clean re-installation of speed cameras, please?

Remove/uninstall-

https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013900380

Soft reset the device-

Install speed cameras-

https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013959559

Follow-up with another soft reset and test the device on a planned route...

@DJSheridan

When you go into -

Main menu- Settings- System- About

Do you see - Speed Camera services -Activated?

I reviewed your TomTom account and I don't find any issues with the subscriptions on your account.

Could you also send me the ticket number for the case you raised with our customer service, through a private message, please?

Thanks, Vikram