How can I change my emailadress on my tomtom device? — TomTom Community

How can I change my emailadress on my tomtom device?

I have changed my emailadress and password in the App "Mydriveconnect". Because of this, on my tomtom device the 'mydrive' tomtom service does nog work anymore, because I am 'not registered'

The device does ask for my password, but offcourse this does not match the emailadress that is logged in to the device. So I need to change both my password and emailadress on the device.
When I connect the device to my computer, and the app 'mydriveconnect' opens, I do see the new password and emailadress, but it is NOT copied to my device.

So... how do I change the emailadress on my device?????

Mydrive is an essential tool on my navigationsystem, and now I cannot use this
Tagged:

Best Answers

• dhndhn Posts: 33,350
    Superusers
    Accepted Answer
    A factory reset?

Answers

• mamaannmamaann Posts: 3 [Novice Seeker]
    I forgot to mention that I have already tried a reset.... this did not work
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,350
    Superusers
    Accepted Answer
    A factory reset?
  • mamaannmamaann Posts: 3 [Novice Seeker]
    Perfect!
    Just did the factory reset and it works! I can now change the complete account and synchronize with my account on mydrive!

Thanks!
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,227
    Superuser
    Hi @mamaann

Glad you are sorted.

Doug
  • ianowentomtom61ianowentomtom61 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    edited June 10
    I need to change an email address on an individual unit that is part of a common login for several company units. Two units are linking, so need to separate, to stop direction commands crossing over. Is this possible?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,227
    Superuser
    Hi @ianowentomtom61

The way to resolve the issue of multiple units on the same account affecting others is to log out of My Drive on all th units and only log into My Drive on a unit when you need the syncing facility. The only other way is to have individual accounts for each unit but this means that you will lose the sync facility you may with to have.. Being Logged out of My Drive during normal use does not adversely affect the operation of the devices.

If you go to the My Drive page on the device and Stop Syncing then you only need to insert the password to reconnect as it remembers the account details.

Doug