Adventurer watch shuts down — TomTom Community

Adventurer watch shuts down

Smiley_wyllieSmiley_wyllie Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
edited February 15 in TomTom Adventurer
For the past couple of months I’ve noticed a problem with my TT Adventurer shutting down during certain times. The first occasion is when the alarm goes off and I try to acknowledge it or press snooze it shuts off. The other time is when trying to set up an activity I go through sub menus and just get to the point to start the activity and it shuts off. It’s not a battery issue as it also does this even when it’s been on charge all night. Can anyone suggest what the fix is?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,814
    Superusers
    It sounds like the watch has bad firmware or the battery is dying. Being on charge all night does not matter as it is being powered by the charger, that does not mean the battery is taking a full charge (or any charge), Try a factory rest and see if that helps but other than that there is not much to be done. TT Sports went out of business over 3 years ago, ceasing all production and development and support is limited. They are obsolete products.
  • Smiley_wyllieSmiley_wyllie Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Did the factory reset and charged it up again for a while. At any point now when I use the main button the watch just turns off straight away.
    Does this mean the battery needs replaced or there’s a problem with the firmware?
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,814
    Superusers
    It sounds like the watch is dying, You can replace the battery yourself, TT will not do it. You need to google instructions, get special tools, open the watch, figure out which battery you need, order it, install it (including welding it in and then close the watch back up. If you don't have some technical skill it may be difficult. Frankly, it may be time for a new watch. There are plenty of brands out there with better feature sets for less money these days.