Lifetime maps on VIA 1535 — TomTom Community

Lifetime maps on VIA 1535

Hi everyone,

I have the same issue with my VIA 1535 device. The serial # is BO. In my TomTom MyDrive Connect account, it says the Single Map (Australia) has 'expired", but it was bought with the lifetime updates.

Can the Mods please help me?

Thanks all!

Steve

Best Answers

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,318 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @woolamai

Welcome to the Community! The map update service is activated on your device now, please connect the device to the computer and update the latest map using the MyDrive Connect software.

Regards, lampard
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @woolamai

I'm glad I could be of help! When you get a chance, please click 'Yes' to mark comments as an answer so other users can find it useful. If you have further questions, don't hesitate to post back here.

Regards, lampard

Answers

Accepted Answer
    Hi @woolamai

Welcome to the Community! The map update service is activated on your device now, please connect the device to the computer and update the latest map using the MyDrive Connect software.

Regards, lampard
  • woolamaiwoolamai Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    edited February 12
    You are a legend, thank you.

Although a little old now, this device has been a life saver for years and continues to work flawlessly.

I look forward to being part of the TomTom Community now!

Thanks again, Steve
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @woolamai

I'm glad I could be of help! When you get a chance, please click 'Yes' to mark comments as an answer so other users can find it useful. If you have further questions, don't hesitate to post back here.

Regards, lampard
  • FrancisFrancis Posts: 9 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited April 1
    My 1535TM also is showing updates have expired despite lifetime updates. My Serial # is BMxxxxxx557. Can you help me.

Mod edit: Please don't post private or personal information on a public forum. Thanks!
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,946 Moderator
    Hi Francis
    I don't see any issues with the subscription for your TomTom.
    Could you do a soft reset and check for updates in MyDrive Connect?

Regards, Vikram
  • FrancisFrancis Posts: 9 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks, a soft reset was able to correct the error. I thought I had already reset it but apparently not.
  • rick_hendricksonrick_hendrickson Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    edited April 4
    I have a VIA 1535TM with Lifetime Maps (BMxxxxxxxxxx01). My software advises that updates are no longer available. How can this be with a lifetime guarantee? Is there another venue for updates. My current update is 5 years old making the devise almost useless.

Mod edit: Please don't post private or personal information on a public forum. Thanks!
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,346
    Superusers
    Those with models having lifetime maps WILL continue to get the new maps. Contact support (chat only available) to rectify the situation with your account:

United States
    877-757-7137
    Monday - Friday: 9:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. EST