Lifetime maps on VIA 1500? — TomTom Community

Lifetime maps on VIA 1500?

going through my files i came upon the tomtom promotion code for lifetime maps....but i cant figure out how to apply this to my old tomtom via 1500....any help will be appreciated. thanks. drew

Best Answer

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,302 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    HI @drewd

Sorry for the delayed response! Here're the steps to follow:
    Soft reset the device (Press down the on/off button for 30 seconds until it makes a drum sound) and disconnect it from the computer
    • Click the MyDrive Connect icon in the Apple menu bar and then click 'Settings icon' > Quit (Make sure the device is disconnected)
    • Go to Finder. In the top Apple menu, click GO >Click on Library (if you cannot see it on the menu, press Alt/Option on the keyboard).
    • Go to Application Support and delete the MyDrive Connect folder/file.
    • Now go back to the Library, go to the Caches folder/file. Go to the Caches folder and delete the MyDrive Connect folder/file here as well. Empty the trash.
    • When your device is turned on, connect the device to the computer.
    • On MyDrive Connect in the right bottom corner, it will say 'updating’. Keep it connected till says up-to-date and check for the updates again to download the updates.
    Please note: Whenever more than 1 update is offered by MyDrive, then please update these 1 at a time, not altogether. Even if the download or installation appears to stop or freeze, keep it connected for 4 hours, then check if the download has been completed.

Regards, lampard

Answers

Hi @drewd

Welcome to the Community! The map update service is activated o your device now, please connect the device to the computer and update the latest map using the MyDrive Connect software.

Regards, lampard
  • drewddrewd Posts: 10 [Master Traveler]
    thanks for the quick reply. it seems i have to pay for it...is this correct? if not how do i update for free...it says i am up to date but then says my maps are over 100 months old
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,937
    Superuser
    Hi @drewd

Are you saying that when you connect to My Drive Connect you are not offered any map updates?

Doug
    it says i am up to date on computer...but when i log onto my device it says maps has not been updated for 111 months
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,937
    Superuser
    edited February 11
    Hi @drewd

Lets see what @lampard or @VikramK have to say tomorrow.

Doug
    thanks!
    edited February 12
    Hey @drewd

I see that you started the map download on the SD card on the device yesterday which was interrupted for some reason. I've made some changes to remove uncompleted download and give you a fresh start, please follow the steps below to apply these changes and start the download again:
    Soft reset the device (Press down the on/off button for 30 seconds until it makes a drum sound) and disconnect it from the computer
    1.Click the MyDrive Connect icon in the Windows notification area or Apple menu bar and then click 'Settings icon' > Quit (Make sure the device is disconnected)
    2.Press the Windows logo key +R
    3.Type Appdata > Hit Enter/Ok
    4.click on Local
    5.Open the TomTom Folder in Local
    6.Delete HOME3 and Open MyDrive connect again.
    7.When your device is turned on, connect the device to the computer.
    8.On MyDrive Connect in the right bottom corner, it will say 'updating’. Keep it connected till says up-to-date and check for the updates again to download the updates.
    Please note: Whenever more than 1 update is offered by MyDrive, then please update these 1 at a time, not altogether. Even if the download or installation appears to stop or freeze, keep it connected for 4 hours, then check if the download has been completed.

Hope it helps!

Regards, lampard
    thanks for the info and help..i will give it a try
    i have a mac and on the directions you gave me....after the first step it seems to be just windows...is this right?what should i do instead of windows+R
    hello lampard....did you see my note that i was unable to use the directions you sent me because they were for microsoft not apple...might you have the directions for how to update my lifetime apps on my mac? thanks. drew dubuque
    Accepted Answer
    HI @drewd

Sorry for the delayed response! Here're the steps to follow:
    • Click the MyDrive Connect icon in the Apple menu bar and then click 'Settings icon' > Quit (Make sure the device is disconnected)
    • Go to Finder. In the top Apple menu, click GO >Click on Library (if you cannot see it on the menu, press Alt/Option on the keyboard).
    • Go to Application Support and delete the MyDrive Connect folder/file.
    • Now go back to the Library, go to the Caches folder/file. Go to the Caches folder and delete the MyDrive Connect folder/file here as well. Empty the trash.
    • When your device is turned on, connect the device to the computer.
    • On MyDrive Connect in the right bottom corner, it will say 'updating’. Keep it connected till says up-to-date and check for the updates again to download the updates.

Regards, lampard
    thanks so much...i will give it a try
    it worked!! thank you sooo much
    I'm glad I could be of help, @drewd ! When you get a chance, please click 'Yes' to mark comments as an answer so other users can find it useful. If you have further questions, don't hesitate to post back here.

Regards, lampard
    ok. i just did it...thanks again