Deleting/Adding voices on Start 60 — TomTom Community

Deleting/Adding voices on Start 60

Hi,

I've got 2 problems I was unable solve by myself, even I spent hours on them...
(not at the same time or it would have driven me mad) :

1 - I can't delete some voices I don't use (ex: Budi & Irene, Bahasa Indonesia). I can't see these voices in "my content" in MyDrive Connect (so I can't select them to be deleted)... But they appear on my device !
Even after I deleted ALL THE VOICES except mine (French)... They're still there !!!
(they can be selected and they work)

2 - At the opposite,

a - the lists that appear in MyDrive Connect and on my device ARE DIFFERENT
the lists that appear in MyDrive Connect and there
https://www.tomtom.com/fr_fr/drive/maps-services/shop/navigation-voices/
are different also

b - I can't understand (or I didn't find how) I can't sort this list by language instead of... nothing else, so it's impossible to select anything properly (see next point)

c - in MyDrive Connect, I can see only the name of "the voice", but not the language !... ("not available")
So, if I want th download a new language, I'm obliged to download each one, one by one, test it, and then choose to keep or delete.... Amazing !

Please heeeelp !

Regards,
Gerard

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,680
    Superusers
    edited February 10
    Hi
    @Gerard-63
    Welcome to the site.....
    Working 'OK' here in the UK
    I normally use the Serena UK TTS Computer Voice....

Method... Using MyDrive Connect... Connected over USB....
    On the page header I selected 'My Content'
    Scroll Down to the Voices Menus....
    Checked in the Installed 'My language' Menu that Serena and Jane were installed... OK (I have Jane as a back-up voice)
    Clicked on the 'Installed Other languages' Menu... Top of the list ticked 'Selected All' —> 'Uninstall'
    The device updated....
    Clicked on Installed 'My language' Menu... Then one by one I deleted the displayed voices until only Serena and Jane remained on the list....

I completed a Drumroll/Soft restart... Press and hold the on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound then release the on/off button.
    You won’t lose anything; it’s just like rebooting your PC
    When the device restarted... Only Serena and Jane were listed on the Start 60....

I think the Drumroll/Soft restart is the fix for the problem….
    A Soft/Drumroll Restart on the device... The device restarts, tidies files, clears redundant data and restarts the Operating System afresh....

RESETTING YOUR NAVIGATION DEVICE
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013957499-Resetting-your-navigation-device
    Charge the device for at least 2Hrs….
    (Preferably using something like a Smartphone Charger using the Tomtom USB lead)
    OR have the device plugged into a power supply while the device is restarting
    Press and hold the on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound then release the on/off button.
    You won’t lose anything; it’s just like rebooting your PC
    I use a Soft/drum-roll start after any upgrade large or small.
    It’s also useful to keep in mind for sorting out most minor niggles....

Stay safe... ATB YFM