Case and Mount for GO Discover (7-inch)

Cranwell23
Cranwell23 Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Seeker
edited February 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
Hi new to a group, recently purchased a Go Discover 7 inch what case and mount would you suggest as unable to find a 7-inch case on the tomtom side, thanks

Answers

• Rhmh
    Rhmh Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Traveler
    I am looking for a mount in my car for my tomtom 7 inch go discover. Not the that is in the package. But a fixed one. The previous tomtom I had a 6 inch display with a fixed mount. The go discover only fits very loose on this mount. I wonder if there is not a fixed mount for the 7 inch go discover
  • DeGreg
    DeGreg Registered Users Posts: 4
    New Seeker
    For me the same. The fixed mount from the 6200 doesnt fit on the new Tomtom Discover. Its fits bud it doesnt has magnets to hold it. Please.. help
  • DeGreg
    New Seeker
    It is another size mount. It looks the same bud the Discover mount is larger in the connected area on the back.
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 7,754
    Elite Voyager
    edited September 2021
    support for GO 5200 and 6200, Go Premium fits GO Discover 5 "and 6". GO Discover 7 "has a different holder which is only compatible with the 7" model.

support for Go discover 7 is available in the store https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/navigation/accessories/mounts-docks/7-inches-active-magnetic-mount/
  • DeGreg
    New Seeker
    You can buy the extra mount ONLY FOR THE TOMTOM DISCOVER MOUNT 7" HERE:
    https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/navigation/accessories/mounts-docks/7-inches-active-magnetic-mount/
  • chinners
    chinners Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Traveler
    I was looking for a permanent mount and found this, I had to file down the rear of the ball a little, not a huge diy job just hacked at it with a file and it now fits perfectly, you could do the same with sandpaper or craft knife the ball is the right size just a little bulbous at the back making it difficult to put the screw on, to hold the ball tight. Only took 5-10 minutes. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B081X3SJJS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • Boldie
    Boldie Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Traveler
    I have the same problems. Initially looking for an air vent mount, but probably the 7inch may be too heavy for that type of mount ...... or not?
    I can imagine using 1 clamp on the air vent wing being replaced by 2 wing clamps, either horizontally or somewhat vertically to prevent that the weight might rip out the air vent panel.
    Also using the beanbag supplied by TomTom will flip over since it can only handle up to 6 inch screens (beside the fact that it will only be effective on a flat surface)
    It seems that TomTom has overhasty put the Discovery in the market without thinking of supplying sufficient and appropriate accessories as well, which is a shame since the 7 inch version is considerably more expensive, so TomTom should have more respect and care for their buyers. The accessories should contain Beanbag, Air Vent clamp/mount system, extended lenght windshield arm mount and preferably also an cupholder clamp mount, which will make many future buyers very happy .......
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan UKPosts: 21,480
     Superuser
    edited March 24
    Hi
    @Boldie
    Tomtom do not recommend the air vent mount even for the 6" devices the GO Premium weighs in at 275 Grams...
    My 7" GO Discover weighs 359 Grams, I wouldn't trust the tiny air vent slats to support such a weight....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Elton
    Elton AmmanfordRegistered Users Posts: 77
    Sovereign Trailblazer
    I use a modified Garmin beanbag with great success. The actual mount for the Garmin GPS was removed and a piece of flat 3mm persplex screwed in it's place.
    The Tomtom windscreen mount is then attached to the persplex.

My 7" Discover has been attached now in this fashion for over 4-months and has not come loose at all.

u2bpiq2ulovv.jpg

It took an hour to sort out, will not be to everyones taste, but it works for me.

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan UKPosts: 21,480
     Superuser
    Hi
    The new 7" GO Discover/Expert range also fits on a unmodified Tomtom Beanbag mount...

gznu46biyxqp.png
    Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Elton
    Elton AmmanfordRegistered Users Posts: 77
    Sovereign Trailblazer
    YamFazMan wrote: »
    Hi
    The new 7" GO Discover/Expert range also fits on a unmodified Tomtom Beanbag mount...

gznu46biyxqp.png
    Stay Safe... ATB YFM

Excellent ... but I didn't have one of those to hand! :p