I ordered a 6 inch TomTom Go Premium and received a 5 inch! :-( — TomTom Community

I ordered a 6 inch TomTom Go Premium and received a 5 inch! :-(

Colin_StampColin_Stamp Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
Invoice dated 02/03/2021
Doc number 8xxxxxxx80
Order Number: 44xxxxxx95
UPS 1ZW7xxxxxxxxx410813

Mod edit: Please don't post private or personal information on a public forum. Thanks!

Best Answers

• skull66skull66 Posts: 44 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    edited February 13 Accepted Answer
    Sorry to tell you mate, I have just checked the site and you have definitely ordered a 5" device, based on the second lot of info you posted jy2i45y3p7fe.png
  • Colin_StampColin_Stamp Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Accepted Answer
    Many thanks, that's fine, just wanted to be sure.
    Actually the smaller 5" device fits better and is easier to pop in you bag from it's clever magnetic clip and allows me to update over wifi as I walk into the house from my bag, so all good.
    Thanks for answering my question and getting back to me.

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,097 Moderator
    Hi @Colin_Stamp
    Welcome to the community!
    Could you please contact our customer service to arrange a replacement/return?

Helpful link- https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919/

Thanks. Vikram
    From Invoice:

Order #411008949

Order Date: 02/02/2021

ITEM TomTom GO Premium

QTY 1

COST £ 299.99

Subtotal £ 299.99
    Discount £ 90.00
    Shipping Cost Free
    Total £ 209.99
    I have tried multiple ways of getting in contact with Sales via Customer Service, but your robot is wise to all my different attempts and refuses to let me contact someone either by email or by instant messaging.
    There is NO WAY of raising a sales query via the robot, it just throws you out.
    Please supply me with an email address and I will use that instead....
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,669
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Colin_Stamp
    Welcome to the site....
    Contacting Tomtom Support….
    Due to COVID-19 the phone service has been suspended
    For Tomtom Support Email or Chat lines...
    (Monday to Friday Normal Office Hours)

The way of contacting Customer Services has changed

(1)... A couple of Tips when Contacting Tomtom Support....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1714844/#Comment_1714844

(2)... Tomtom FAQ … How to Contact Tomtom Support....
    Here… https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919-How-to-contact-TomTom-support

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    Naw, the JSCONNECT java script is crashing out continuously, I tried Firefox and Chrome, and by clearing my browser cache on Chrome I did manage to get onto the support page chat popup once, but didn't get any pop ups as shown in your examples below (thanks for those). After that one session the script started again continuously crashing out and dropping me back to the support home page. I can't keep clearing my cache just for your site, it screws up all my other tabs and logins and wastes my time resetting them all.
    I had a quick look at the jscript but it's so badly written it's hard to untangle, but I did see several classic "don't do that" coding bugs in there. The mishandling of cache, is clearly because it fails to initialize some of it's variables correctly, especially after it takes the error exit, where it SHOULD then cleanup and fully reset all it's cache and restart caching from scratch. It doesn't, another beginners fault, but clearly so is much of that code, kids learning errors, they have to practise somewhere, I guess. If there are any adults in Development, they might like to take a look and fix it one day.
    Anyway, I can't get through to your chat bot any more, and have spent a couple of hours poking your dodgy web pages.

Please!
    Just tell me the email address of sales support so that I can lodge my complaint with them!

Thanks for trying to help, sorry about your dodgy website, that must be a real pain to work with.
    Cheers
    Colin
    Superusers
    edited February 9
    Hi
    @Colin_Stamp
    Here in the UK Running a nothing special Dell Win10 PC
    Just checked the UK Chat & Email following the tips in my previous post...
    Email link all 'OK' Chat Closed UK 11:30 PM :) All good....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    Well, at least the website works for some of the customers, that's good.
    Superusers
    edited February 9
    Hi
    Checked again this Morning....
    UK Office hours Chat & Email OK....
    Chat....
    4qrf85npfilk.jpg
    Email....
    durur6lxeuti.jpg
    Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,194
    Superuser
    Hi @Colin_Stamp

Seems @DevonDel sorted his issue out this morning via Chat within 30 minutes of indicating he had an issue.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1744337#Comment_1744337

Doug
  • skull66skull66 Posts: 44 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    edited February 13 Accepted Answer
    Sorry to tell you mate, I have just checked the site and you have definitely ordered a 5" device, based on the second lot of info you posted jy2i45y3p7fe.png
    Accepted Answer
    Many thanks, that's fine, just wanted to be sure.
    Actually the smaller 5" device fits better and is easier to pop in you bag from it's clever magnetic clip and allows me to update over wifi as I walk into the house from my bag, so all good.
    Thanks for answering my question and getting back to me.