Bug: Arrival time sharing has incorrect house number — TomTom Community

Bug: Arrival time sharing has incorrect house number

pk3457pk3457 Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
When I share my arrival time by clicking on the arrival time and sharing it through WhatsApp or Signal, the house number is not correct. It seems like it takes the number from the destination pin on the map, so it's only off by a few houses, but it's not what I typed in. Kinda dumb I would say.

Best Answer

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,189 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @pk3457

We're already aware of an issue like this with contacts for a while and should be addressed in the next release.

Thanks, lampard

Answers

Hi @pk3457

Welcome to the Community! My team checked this but unable to reproduce it at their end. Can you provide us with an example? A screenshot will be helpful with a sample route. Also, mention the Phone model, iOS version, and App version.

Regards, lampard
  • pk3457pk3457 Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I did some tests as well and the problem is not in the Share Arrival Time feature, but in the Search > Contacts feature. When I navigate to an address in my contacts, let's say my mom, it puts the pin at the incorrect housenumber. It's just two numbers off, which in NL means the neighbor. For example the contact on my phone has house number 118, but the pin is placed at 120.

The bug is not very consistent, but I can reproduce it about 50% of the time. On contacts that live in the countryside, the pin can be placed 100m away. If I then click on the correct house, the address that is shown is correct. Why can't it find the right house immediately?
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @pk3457

We're already aware of an issue like this with contacts for a while and should be addressed in the next release.

Thanks, lampard