No directions sound on GO Premium X — TomTom Community

No directions sound on GO Premium X

Hi,

There is no sound during driving - no sound instructions on when to take a turn, etc.

I have the settings on for reading the navigation instructions aloud and yet there is no sound for direction.

The only sounds are for when I would reach the destination and that the route is calculated

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,053
    Superusers
    Hi
    @LukaszG
    Welcome to the site....
    Check... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu)
    Are any 'Sound Icons' slashed through ??? it’s really easy to turn off a Sound Icon when swiping through the Menus

v412wdu3g07c.jpg

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • ukdeejayukdeejay Posts: 40 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    Same problem, same device...

After struggling to find the sound settings buried deep in Settings (not helpful!) I checked all the obvious things you mention - no go! Did a restart - no go!

Next stop, I fear, will be seeking Tt repair service...
    UPDATE:

Not sure if this will be a 'permanent fix' @LukaszG but here's what I found...

I activated Voice Control then asked for the 'next instruction' on the current route - Bingo! All audio instructions for the current route returned. I will see if they are still there next time I 'boot up'...
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,053
    Superusers
    Hi
    A Soft/Drum roll restart on the device is also useful to keep in mind for sorting out most minor niggles...
    A Soft/Drum roll restart restarts the devices Operating System afresh
    RESETTING YOUR NAVIGATION DEVICE
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013957499-Resetting-your-navigation-device
    Charge the device for at least 2Hrs….
    (Preferably using something like a Smartphone Charger using the Tomtom USB lead)
    OR have the device plugged into a power supply while the device is restarting
    Press and hold the on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound then release the on/off button.
    You won’t lose anything; it’s just like rebooting your PC
    I use a Soft/drum-roll start after any upgrade large or small.

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    ukdeejay wrote: »
    UPDATE:

Not sure if this will be a 'permanent fix' @LukaszG but here's what I found...

I activated Voice Control then asked for the 'next instruction' on the current route - Bingo! All audio instructions for the current route returned. I will see if they are still there next time I 'boot up'...

UPDATE #2:

The above action appears to have fixed the 'No audio instructions...' issue - for now at least!