MyDrive connect says 'Not Connected' — TomTom Community

MyDrive connect says 'Not Connected'

JimmymerlinJimmymerlin Posts: 13 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited February 5 in MyDrive Connect
Hi. I open my drive on my pc and log in. I connect my tom tom premium to my drive using the supplied cable. It shows a picture of my device but says NOT CONNECTED . How , do i get my tom tom to connect to my drive every time i plug it in . Another question is , because i could not connect to my drive, i tried to update my device using wi fi, but my network doesn't show in the list of networks available . But it shows in the list of networks that cannot be connected to as they are out of range............. yet i am only 2 meters from my internet suppliers router ! How can i connect my device to my hone connections please. Many many thanks, as i seem to have had nothing but problems since buying this new tom tom !!!!! Stay safe. Cheers Jimmymerlin

Answers

• rider1riderrider1rider Posts: 551 [Revered Pioneer]
    what device
  • LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 14,500
    Superusers
    Please try follwowing:
    Restart your pc via the Statmenu.
    Then Start MyDrive connect and connect the device.
    When the device is switched on, hold the On Button about 20 sec til the device restarts with the TomTom Logo.
    Now tap Menu/Settings/System/info and look what it says at "Connection"
    I would expect it to say USB.

If this is not the case, try using a different cable, e.g. from a smartphone.

Note: the Premium does only support 2.4GHZ Wifi Networks.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,600
    Superuser
    Hi @Jimmymerlin

When you connect your TT unit to the PC is the unit still in its holder. If so remove form its holder and plug cable in the socket on the back of the TT unit.

Doug
  • JimmymerlinJimmymerlin Posts: 13 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Doug. Yes, the cable was plugged into the tom tom on the back and into my laptop Thanks
    Hi Rider1rider, Oops............. I meant to say Tom Tom Go premium . Thanks
    Hi Lochfrass. Thank you for the reply, I will try this in a few days time and let you know how i get on. Sadly, its my dads funeral today.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,028
    Superusers
    edited February 5
    Hi
    @Jimmymerlin
    Welcome to the Site....
    Wi-Fi out of range errors....
    Are usually caused by the Wi-Fi Channel in use on your Router, being swamped by nearby Routers using the same channel....
    If your Router is 'say' using 2.4 GHz Channel 11 and other nearby Routers are also using 2.4 GHz Channel 11, then the 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi Channel 11 can/will get overloaded....

Try unplugging your Router wait 30 seconds restart your Router....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    I have unplugged the router and left switched off over night , but i still cannot connect my tom tom after switching the router back on.