Free Lifetime Map Upgrades — TomTom Community

Free Lifetime Map Upgrades

My Tom Tom Package includes Lifetime Map Upgrades If I upgrade my device do I loose this benifit

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,696
    Superusers
    edited January 30
    Hi
    @AndyA_777
    Welcome to the site....
    You will not lose your Lifetime benefits....
    But be Aware....
    The restrictions as a result of the Coronavirus, Social Distancing and people working from home....
    Are sometimes delaying the Activation of Accounts and the Allocation of Maps & Services to Account’/Devices....

If there is a problem @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators should pick this up on Monday and check/correct your Tomtom Account status.....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • AndyA_777AndyA_777 Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Thankyou for your reply. I am only upgrading because I am fed-up with the difficulty of upgrading my maps. There is not enough inherent device space on the 5100 and each time its a pain (for me) to remove then install the new map file. Thanks for your help
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,696
    Superusers
    edited January 30
    Hi Again
    @AndyA_777
    Maybe usfull....
    The early 8GB NAV4 devices... The Maps fitted easily onto the 8GB of on-board Memory, but the Map sizes increases with every update... Now the 8GB limit on-board Memory size on the 8GB NAV4 devices is an unfortunate, but real Catch22 situation....

The latest NAV4 Full Europe Map size is now around 8.6GB
    I do not think you will find enough space deleting files to install the full Europe Map... The device also uses the onboard Memory for the Operating System + 400MB is used for working space and is considered the bare minimum free space for the device to operate....

@VikramK or @lampard one of the Forum Moderators will pick this up on Monday and add a small Map to the Account to get past the 'Catch22' No Maps Found error....

For More Info & Options See Catch22... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1686043/#Comment_1686043

Stay Safe... ATB YFM