Connection between PC and TomTom Trucker 6000 — TomTom Community

Connection between PC and TomTom Trucker 6000

My TomTom Truck 6000 is as good as bricked right now - I cannot for the life of me understand why the system of updating is so bad! Surely allowing the software to be downloaded to your PC, (without device needing to be plugged in all night while downloading) and then updating from HDD is the logical solution.

I tried to update, the connection kept stopping between my device and PC (and, yes, I do understand PC's - USB ports / using the correct cable etc - and its not a faulty cable)

Now the MyDriveConnect app says my map is corrupted - It has a 'repair' button that does nothing - the screen where it suggests you can 'unistall' and start fresh, when I do this, the device content moves from right to left pane in the window, but the device memory does not clear / drop - so the free space is not sufficient to reload data. I put a memory card in the unit, but its unsuable! (tried preformatting for FAT32) - If I take the card out and view on my PC the TomTom has put some android files on it - so assume it should work.

Next time I will buy Garmin! :#

Answers

• rider1riderrider1rider Posts: 428 [Supreme Pioneer]
    customer care can help send email or chat monday
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,680
    Superusers
    edited January 30
    Hi
    @Bri8691
    Welcome to the site....
    Have you tried clearing the MyDrive Connect cache ???

With MyDrive Connect running...
    Click on the Cog Wheel Icon Screen top right
    Click on the Downloads Tab
    Empty download folder
    Save settings
    See if the device updates using the newly downloaded Map files....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Bri8691Bri8691 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi., thank you for your comments - :)
    Yes., I tried clearing the cache and also the factory reset (press and hold 10 seconds / power on 3 times) to ‘restore the device. It went through restore once - but didn't restore it!
    The unit itself now at switch on, goes through the country select and options., so the operating system seems to be Ok., its just the corrupt map and despite ‘uninstalling’ the content in MyDriveConnect, it doesn't free up memory.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,680
    Superusers
    edited January 30
    HI
    @Bri8691
    See... Vikram's post... I think you may have the Case (2) error....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1121560/tomtom-no-maps-found
    You will need to contact the customer service to get the certificate removed. They have the tools in the backend to create scripts that will remove the certificate.

Due to COVID-19 the phone service has been suspended
    For Tomtom Support Email or Chat lines...
    (Monday to Friday Normal Office Hours)

The way of contacting Customer Services has changed

(1)... A couple of Tips when Contacting Tomtom Support....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1714844/#Comment_1714844

(2)... Tomtom FAQ … How to Contact Tomtom Support....
    Here… https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919-How-to-contact-TomTom-support

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Bri8691Bri8691 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks for your help, YFM :)