Bluetooth connection to intercom on Rider 550 — TomTom Community

Bluetooth connection to intercom on Rider 550

Stunorton03_Stunorton03_ Posts: 2 [Novice Seeker]
edited February 2 in RIDER
I have just purchased a tomtom rider 550 . I wish to use it with my existing BT intercom (T-COMVB) When I connect the sat nav to the intercom and the sat nav speaks the pillion is blanked out. I understand that is normal. The problem I have is when the sat nav has finished talking the communication between rider and pillion does not re connect. Please understand I am not a techy in this field. I do however require re connection when the sat nav is not talking. Any advice would be most helpful

Best Answer

• RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 647 [Revered Pioneer]
    Accepted Answer
    Check the manual of your T-COMVB how to connect a navigation device on a separate BT channel.
    Also check the website for updates.
    I am afraid there is a chance the manufacturer of your T-COMVB ha designed their product this way.
    My Interphone Tour has a comparable problem. When a navigation instruction is spoken the intercom disconnects. Reconnection takes time and the other driver must be close for this to work.

I use a BT to FM transmitter now and tune the headsets radio on this channel. Now Intercom and navigation instructions are mixed. (and it is easy to turn off the radio when i don't need the navigation instructions.)

Answers

• RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 647 [Revered Pioneer]
    Accepted Answer
    Check the manual of your T-COMVB how to connect a navigation device on a separate BT channel.
    Also check the website for updates.
    I am afraid there is a chance the manufacturer of your T-COMVB ha designed their product this way.
    My Interphone Tour has a comparable problem. When a navigation instruction is spoken the intercom disconnects. Reconnection takes time and the other driver must be close for this to work.

I use a BT to FM transmitter now and tune the headsets radio on this channel. Now Intercom and navigation instructions are mixed. (and it is easy to turn off the radio when i don't need the navigation instructions.)
  • Stunorton03_Stunorton03_ Posts: 2 [Novice Seeker]
    Thank you so much for advice. I have now been successful