software update for spark 3
edited January 24
is there anyone already did software upgrade of spark3 ?
There has not been a software update on the Spark 3 in almost 3 years, since TT Sports went out of business. I am not sure what you are seeing. when was the last time you plugged your watch into a computer?
I bought my spark3 3 and 1/2 years ago. More then 12 months ago there was a problem and Tom Tom replaced it to me. So since that time I didn’t connect to the pc. My concern is the App on my mobile is not able to see anymore the watch, so I cannot download my training session, can you help me ?
For computer connection issues, is there any damage to the pins in the charger or the contacts on the watch? If any of the pins are bent or deformed straighten them out with a pin and make sure the contacts on the back of the watch are free of tarnish or grime. Also make sure it is fully snapped into the cradle. Are you getting any error messages when you plug the watch in or is it being recognized at all? Does the clock face change to a battery charging icon (which indicates it is getting power so there is a partial connection)? A few things to look at (and I apologize if some are very basic, but it is best to get past the obvious issues first):
1) Are you plugged directly into the machine and not a hub?
2) Does the port work, can the computer detect other devices (like flash drives) in that port?
3) Is the watch firmly snapped into the cradle and the USB plug firmly in the port?
4) Is the USB port free of any debris or blockages?
5) Is the Connect software running (is there an icon for it in the notification area)?
6) Did you install Sports Connect, not MyDrive Connect? It is downloaded from tomtom.com/123
7) Do you have administrator rights to the computer?
8) Is a firewall or antivirus running that is blocking the software from connecting to TomTom (try turning them off before docking the watch)?
9) Does the computer have a good Internet connection (Internet is required to sync)?
10) Can you try installing it on a different machine to determine if it is an issue with the computer versus the watch?
You should try to reset the phone connection following these steps. First need to remove the watch from the phone's BT menu (in iOS you have it forget the device) after you reset or try pairing again and remove the TomTom_MySports folder from the internal storage of the watch (plug it into a computer and you will see it as a hard drive and can delete it there). The steps are: uninstall the app, remove or forget the watch from the phone's BT menu, factory reset the watch, reinstall the app, select Pair New on the app, select Pair New on watch (press down from the clock and select Phone>Pair New, not Sync) and follow the prompts on the phone. You should not be pairing the watch first through the phone's BT menu; it is all done through the app and you must have the phone forget the watch in the BT menu before re-pairing.
Welcome and support
Maps and Services
RoadTrips by TomTom
Community Knowledge Base