Tomtom 60S Go won't startup

kumards
kumards Registered Users Posts: 2
New Seeker
Tomtom 60S Go won't startup even after a several resets. My computer won't recognize the GPS either. I would assume that's because of the failed boot.
The device starts, the drum rolls, then the global map comes with a loading progress bar at the bottom. After that it stops with TomTom logo forever. The devices been charged overnight.

Answers

• kumards
    kumards Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    I tried this several times before posting. It did not change anything.
  • kanjo33
    kanjo33 Registered Users Posts: 18
    Outstanding Wayfarer
    edited December 2021
    I have just done a group of updates, which downloaded to my computer and then to the 60S. It will not restart. It tries, and when the progress bar is halfway across, the spinning circle appears, and then the screen that indicates the device is not connected. It freezes there. On the computer it says it is recovering the device and then says it has done so, but it makes no difference. On restart, it again goes halfway across the progress bar and repeats the above cycle. Help please. The computer recognizes the device as connected, but the device does not see the computer
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,817
    Superuser
    edited December 2021
    Hi
    @kanjo33
    Welcome to the site....
    Do you have a Micro SDHC Memory card installed ???
    I had exactly the same fault happen to me ??? I've been using various Tomtom devices for 10 + years, and never had a problem using Recovery Mode, for me, it has always just worked !!!
    The other day I was updating the Full Europe Map on my GO 5000, all seemed to go as normal but when the device restarted I had the spinning disc and the Recovery Mode screen of a PC/Red Cross & Tomtom Icon.... the device was already connected over USB + MyDrive connect... I did get the count-up MyDrive Connect 0 to 100% screen, but when the GO 5000 re-booted the device was locked into a continuous Recovery Mode loop....
    After several, restarts, I noticed the longish delay at the mid-point on the start-up progress bar... Normally, there is a slight but hardly noticeable pause at the mid-point on the start-up progress bar (I Think the device is checking if a Memory card is installed ???)....

I turned off and disconnected the GO 5000 then removed the 32 GB Memory card....
    Re-Connected the device to USB and turned it on... the device started, the progress bar was normal, I had the spinning disc and the Recovery Mode screen of a PC/Red Cross/Tomtom Icon... The MyDrive Connect screen displayed the 0 to 100% count-up & the device booted-up OK onto the UK & ROI Map on the on-board Memory.....

Checked the Memory card, it reported a error... I Slow Formatted the Memory card fat32, the Go 5000 recognized & formatted the card... Then I Installed the Full Europe Map, all Good....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • kanjo33
    kanjo33 Registered Users Posts: 18
    Outstanding Wayfarer
    thank you yamfazman! after lots of reading and goofing around i discovered that i had no map on the internal. i installed a small one and now it is back up and running. i do need to upgrade my memory card, have ordered a 32GB, so that i can get the complete new maps.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,817
    Superuser
    Hi
    @kanjo33
    You're welcome, glad you're sorted :)

Stay Safe... ATB YFM