Dartford wrong Map info — TomTom Community

Dartford wrong Map info

RevTechRevTech Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
Leaving the international hub in Central way Dartford heading to Milton Keynes the Tomtom took me left onto university way A206 towards the Woolich Ferry instead of right onto Bob Dunn way and the Dartford tunnel, I followed the Sat Nav thinking it's never let me down yet something must be closed. This wasted an hour of my time and diesel. Also on the same trip, the Tomtom tries to take me onto the M25 towards Gatwick instead of Watford. I would like to know why this clitch happened, I run this trip often!
Tagged:

Comments

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,937
    Superuser
    Hi @RevTech

What Tomtom unit do you have.

If it is a Professional unit then there is a known issue with the Dartford Crossing when using the Truck maps which may explain your issue. Hopefully the next map update will resolve this.

Doug
  • RevTechRevTech Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I use the the 6250 Pro
  • Pieter3Pieter3 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Well, since TomTom mapmakers seem to be a lazy bunch of office klerks, who don't seem to have any clue about the importance of this fault, this simple driver went searching for It, and found It within half an hour.
    The problem lies in the weight of your truck. Anything above 7,5 tons will be redirected. Try It: 7,5 tons you will go through the tunnel, 7,51 tons you will not..... So a simple adjustment in the max weight will sort everything.

Your welcome TomTom. I"ll send you my bill for the work you were supposed to be doing. Freaking paying 300 pounds for a device with problems I have to solve myself......
  • RevTechRevTech Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Map update and some excellent help from DougLap all sorted thank you, the best Sat Nav out there by a country mile!!!