Traffic updates on GO 620 Professional — TomTom Community

Traffic updates on GO 620 Professional

I’ve bought 620 professional and now my traffic updates not working. Contacted Tom Tom customer services , reset all as suggested and was working fine. Turned Tom Tom off and next day it stopped working again !! I have my drive app on iPhone 12 ... very frustrating... it was all working fine when I had Tom Tom 6200 ... ???

This discussion was created from comments split from: GO 620 not showing traffic when connected with Bluetooth to iPhone with MyDrive.

Comments

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,822
    Superuser
    Hi @Bobcats

The GO6200 will work okay with Traffic as it is using the inbuilt Mobile Sim to get the data from the Tomtom servers.

The problem with the GO Professional is that if you have IOS13 or later on it then a security change in IOS stops the My Drive App working with the device. To get the Traffic working delete the Bluetooth connections currently set on the iPhone and the 620 and turn both units Off and On..

Now to Pair the units via Bluetooth do the following.
    Go to Settings/Personal Hotspot on you Iphone and turn the Setting to On. Do not try to connect it to the Go620's Wifi.
    Go to Bluetooth and then Pair the iPhone and 620 as normal except do NOT have the My Drive App Open on the iPhone.
    The unit will now pair and should maintain the connection provided you have the Personal Hotspot Set to On and will do the same when you restart the Go 620 should ensure it connects okay.

Regarding the My Drive App you should only think of using this for Routing and also at no time during the above will you be asked to input the Personal Hotspot Password nor will it show as connected to the units Wifi.

Doug
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,053
    Superusers
    edited January 25
    Hi
    @Bobcats
    Maybe useful....
    A few Tips using Apple iPhone iOS 13 & 14 & Tomtom devices....

There's an unresolved problem with the Apple iPhone iOS 13 & 14 and the and the MyDrive App's advanced Smartphone features... If you can live without the bells & whistles of the MyDrive App...
    Just use a straight simple Bluetooth Connection....

For your 620 professional see Example (1) in the link Below....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1741299/#Comment_1741299

Stay Safe... ATB YFM