No computer voice or voice control after update — TomTom Community

No computer voice or voice control after update

after updating this weekend, which took 72 hours!!, i have lost voice control and the computer voice. Both of these are essential to me so i can concentrate on the road. how do i get them back? i cant find them in any support or sales pages

Best Answer

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,589
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @korova666

When a voice is added to your account it will be offered as a New Item in Updates and New Items on your TT unit. Also when they add a voice they indicate they have done so here.

Doug

Answers

Superuser
    Hi @korova666

Hopefully @VikramK or @lampard will pick this up tomorrow and add the Serena and Malcom voices to your account so you can reload them and get Voice control back.

Doug
  • korova666korova666 Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    edited January 26
    I have to hope a certain 2 people may happen to see my post and fix it? How will I know? A message on here?, I've not had a problem before, so am new to this. Should I not be contacting support direct?
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @korova666

When a voice is added to your account it will be offered as a New Item in Updates and New Items on your TT unit. Also when they add a voice they indicate they have done so here.

Doug
  • korova666korova666 Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    And now they have done so. I'm very happy! Many thanks,
    Superuser
    Hi @korova666

Glad you are sorted.

Doug
  • Solitary-TruckerSolitary-Trucker Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    Brand new premium x from amazon had a couple issues updating due to all controls being via the device even when connected by USB as my WiFi is rubbish first time I've gone to use it noticed no voice from Serena despite her being chosen all settings were checked and found all the non computer voices work fine ..... are the computer voices not preloaded? I have reset via doft reset and from the device and still no computer voices even if chosen any advice please.