Warranty replacement but no lifetime maps, why? — TomTom Community

Warranty replacement but no lifetime maps, why?

Some time ago I bought a GO 620 with lifetime maps. The unit failed under warranty and was replaced with another GO 620. Late last year this replacement unit failed also and was replaced under warranty.
BUT the replacement unit I received was a GO SUPREME and I no longer have my lifetime maps. It has preinstalled maps for Oceania, which is fine, SE Asia, which I don't want, but I don't have access to the Europe map I had before. How can I get my maps back?

Best Answer

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,443 Moderator
    edited January 26 Accepted Answer
    Hi @AlanMLeslie

Thanks for sending the serial number. I have asked my team to fix the services for your TomTom, please do a soft reset and check again.

Regards, Vikram.

Answers

• AlanMLeslieAlanMLeslie Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Oh right....my issue is that I had a GO 620 with lifetime world maps. It failed and was replaced a year ago...I still had lifetime world maps. The replacement failed and Tomtom replaced it with a GO SUPREME. Now I only have maps for Oceania and SE Asia.
    I don't need or want SE Asia. I used to have Europe, now I don't and nobody from Tomtom will answer me on the original email discussion. Why can't I have Europe as i did before? It's what I paid for after all.
    Hi @AlanMLeslie

Welcome to the community!

Could you send me the serial number of your device through a private message, please?

Thanks, Vikram
    edited January 26 Accepted Answer
    Hi @AlanMLeslie

Thanks for sending the serial number. I have asked my team to fix the services for your TomTom, please do a soft reset and check again.

Regards, Vikram.
  • AlanMLeslieAlanMLeslie Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Thanks Vikram,

All working now !

Cheers
  • brentmcbrentmc Posts: 11 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hello,
    I am back to this as no response from moderator Vikramk to my original question. I would appreacite an answer. Sorry for my delay in followup. Filed messages in incoreect file and forgot!!
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,621
    Superuser
    Hi @brentmc

What was your question as you have not posted on this question before. I see you posted earlier this year about being asked to pay for Maps with what I took to be a reference to lifetime maps. Is that what you are asking about?

I advised Tomtom were still honouring Lifetime Maps even on units that are now declared obsolete. I asked that you advise what unit you are referring to and you have not posted a reply with the model type. Please advise the model concerned.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1131480/lifetime-map-upgrades#latest

Doug
    Hello,

I only saw a request and response related to a Alan Leslie. I did not register that Vikram was assisting me, but only Alan Leslie.

The model code on my unit is; 4FL50 then 4FL5.001.00

Thanks
    Brent
    Superuser
    Hi @brentmc

Look back here later to see what @VikramK has to say after he has had a chance to check your units settings on the TT servers.

Doug
    edited March 4
    @brentmc
    I could not find a device linked to your TomTom account.
    The video below should help you find the serial number on your device-

Once you find it, please send it to me through a private message.

Thanks, Vikram
    edited March 5
    Hello Vikram,

I have upgraded maps in the past and most recently a software upgrade, so don't understand why you can see a device associated with the account. I only supplied the model number to the above request. Then there is this QRxxxxxxxxxx66

Thanks
    Brent

Mod edit: Please don't post private or personal information on a public forum. Thanks!
    Hi @brentmc
    Thanks for adding the serial number. The device does not seem to be linked to the email address you use on the community. Is the device set up under a different email address?

Also, the device has lifetime maps active, so what exactly is your question about?

Thanks, Vikram
    edited March 9
    Hi again,

It is most likely registered to our family email - [email protected]
    The last time (just before I posted first message) I went to upgrade the operating system completed an upgrade and then when i went to check the map upgrades it said I could not upgrade and would have to purchase upgrades.

Cheers
    Brent

Mod edit: Please don't post private or personal information on a public forum. Thanks!
    Back again,

I just tried logging in. This time the site said that I was registered with another registration? This is the first time it has ever asked me this. I checked my login details and I have, in the past, used my gmail account rather than the family email address.

I then said add this login. It seems to have done this although the 'do not shut this down screen' kept spinning for ages. Finally gave up and re-logged in again. Went to update maps and, guess what, asks me to pay for them.

We are back to the start again and the reason for my original post to this arena.

I have never had such issues, in the past, when logging into the Tom Tom site.

1) is my 'registration' OK?
    2) Please ensure I am back to upgrades for life. I7txkx6bv4jrd.png
    have attached a screen shot of what I see.

Thanks
    Brent
    Back again,

Trying to work with the web site was crazy. Different pages kept opening. Checking my location US or Australia. All over the place. I shut down and rebooted and logged in again. Now it is updating the maps:) What ever you did thanks.

Another question - the windscreen sucker cradle mount has failed - the cable input. The cable is OK as it works fine when connected direct to the device. I also tried another cable into the cradle input. I can't see replacements available on the Tom Tom site. When I look online I see images that look the same, but cannot see my model number matching to the images showing for the sales item - 4UUB001.53 I see other model numbers. Or, is it a unifom fit unit?

Thanks again
    Brent
    Hi @brentmc
    I asked my team to review the logs for your TomTom and it shows you have the latest version 10.65 installed(Australia).
    If you are using an SD card with a preinstalled map from your device which was sent for repair then that map won't be updated unless you format the SD card and download a fresh copy of the map using MyDrive Connect.

Regards, Vikram
    Superuser
    Hi @brentmc

Here is a link to the Australian Accessories page and the item Active Mount bottom (left) with the cable and charger for AU$59.95. is the mount that fits the latest Wifi models. Those TT units are designed to be capable of connecting directly to the internet via Wifi and updating themselves without the need of a PC.

The other similarly looking device (Click and Go 49.95 ) in the second row next to the Bean Bag Mount is for previous models all of which demand that you use a PC to update then using the My Drive Connect Software.

https://www.tomtom.com/en_au/drive/accessories/?type=mountsdocks.

Doug
    Hello to you both,

Doug, I had visited that main page before, but as soon as you click on 'Detail" you get '404'. See attached screen shot. OK, if you go ahead to shop and checkout it then processes that part. I assume the item is available as it has taken the request and payment.6lfkdanmmd3s.png

Also, as I was asked for model details and possible other registrations how am I to convey this data other than this forum. Yes I hesitated, but.. I prefer - one on one email- to a support desk.

Vikram: I don't understand the bit about, repairing and SD card. I have not and didn't say, I had the unit repaired. Yes I have a SD card, due to map sizes.

The websites don't seem to working as smoothly as they had when I previously visited for updates, hence my need to seek help. Prior to this recent event everything worked well. pages loaded and acted in a logical fashion. Now there seems to be a change.

Thanks to you both.
    Brent