How come MyDrive Connect does not support my Rider 2013 any longer? — TomTom Community

How come MyDrive Connect does not support my Rider 2013 any longer?

KitanoKitano Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
edited January 25 in RIDER
Hello all,

today I have noticed that the current version of My Drive is no longer supporting my Rider 2013, even though I have paid for "Life Time support".

The My Drive software reports that "This device is not supported by My Drive".

How can i re-connect my Rider again, as I need to update my maps.

Cheers,
Alex

Best Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,669
    Superusers
    edited January 24 Accepted Answer
    Hi
    @Kitano
    As far as I'm aware the Rider 2013 is a NAV2 device that updates using Tomtom Home...
    Tomtom FAQ... Downloading & Installing TomTom HOME....
    See... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013960739-Installing-TomTom-HOME

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • KitanoKitano Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Accepted Answer
    Never mind. I have found the solution. TomTom Home still works for the Rider 2013. Unfortunately,it is near impossible to find any useful information or download link on the TomTom website.
    I had to download it from a third party site. This looks like a deliberate attempt to force users to switch. If this is not the case then this TomTom website must be one of the worst ever seen.

One way or the other - this will be my last TomTom product...

Answers

Superusers
    edited January 24 Accepted Answer
    Hi
    @Kitano
    As far as I'm aware the Rider 2013 is a NAV2 device that updates using Tomtom Home...
    Tomtom FAQ... Downloading & Installing TomTom HOME....
    See... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013960739-Installing-TomTom-HOME

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • KitanoKitano Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Accepted Answer
    Never mind. I have found the solution. TomTom Home still works for the Rider 2013. Unfortunately,it is near impossible to find any useful information or download link on the TomTom website.
    I had to download it from a third party site. This looks like a deliberate attempt to force users to switch. If this is not the case then this TomTom website must be one of the worst ever seen.

One way or the other - this will be my last TomTom product...
    Superusers
    edited January 24
    Hi
    @Kitano
    Kitano wrote: »
    (Snip) TomTom Home still works for the Rider 2013. Unfortunately,it is near impossible to find any useful information or download link on the TomTom website (Snip)
    Tomtom FAQ... Downloading & Installing the latest TomTom HOME....

This works for me....
    Unlike the latests version of Tomtom Home...I can install all the updates that Tomtom allows for my EOL NAV2 Start device....
    Note... Using this option you will be running a modified version 2_9_91_411 that doesn't call for the latest problematic update to be installed

Firstly Back up any Maps you have in Tomtom Home... To your PC....

Modify Tomtom Home to use older version of Tomtom Home... (Mabe useful for End of Life Tomtom Devices with No further map or other updates)

(1)… Uninstall Tomtom Home
    (2)… Download last "good" version 2_9_91_411 from.... http://download.tomtom.com/sweet/application/releases/v2_9_91_411_win.exe

(3)… Install it without running....
    i.e... uncheck the 'Run Home' tick box when installation completes

(4)... Using Windows Explorer, navigate to
    C:\Program Files\Tomtom HOME 2\xul (32 bit Windows)
    or
    C:\Program Files (x86)\TomTom HOME 2\xul (64 bit Windows)
    and find application.ini file
    (5)… Edit application.ini file (you might need admin privileges) and modify "Version=2.9.91.411" to "Version=2.99.99.999"
    (6)… Run Tomtom Home. It will believe to be running the latest version 2.99.99.999 and therefore not pull the update

syepdzxxpdoq.jpg
    dfhrvmrn3cfc.jpg
    7ara29vy1mjv.jpg
    Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    Kitano wrote: »
    (Snip) TomTom Home still works for the Rider 2013. Unfortunately,it is near impossible to find any useful information or download link on the TomTom website (Snip)