Speed Camera Updates — TomTom Community

Speed Camera Updates

DucDuc Posts: 35 [Master Explorer]
Hi, has anybody who has a Speed Camera Subscription received any updates lately?
I used to get a weekly update, however, have not seen any updates lately. Covic maybe?

Comments

• DucDuc Posts: 35 [Master Explorer]
    So, has everybody been receiving their weekly updates?
  • LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 15,054
    Superusers
    On my Go 5200 i have installed last Thursday speedcam updates.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,481
    Superusers
    Hi
    +1... last Thursday
    edited January 24
    Thanks, so it appears I have a problem. It shows that my subscriptions for traffic and speed cameras is active. Any ideas how to fix it. Have done the procedure for "For general improvement using the TomTom Speed Cam Database over the default settings...."
    When I check for update it shows I am up to date.
    Superusers
    I would recommend you contact support so they can check the settings on their servers.
    @YamFazMan has described how to do it here:
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1714844/#Comment_1714844
    In the German forum area I have often read that the support or the moderators can trigger the updates again.
    Please contact the Support in the next week.
    Thanks Lochfrass, will try and contact support as per url.
  • Willy875Willy875 Posts: 1,247 [Revered Pioneer]
    edited January 24
    Duc wrote: »
    Hi, has anybody who has a Speed Camera Subscription received any updates lately?
    I used to get a weekly update, however, have not seen any updates lately. Covic maybe?

Hello On Go 5200 speed camera updates are received in real time so you shouldn't have to download them.
    Hi Willy875, on my Go520, I used to get a weekly WiFi update. Might be different to your 5200.
    Got eventually a message through to TomTom, "request (1143310) has been received and is being reviewed by our support staff". Could not get it to work with Chrome, ended up using Edge instead.
    Will keep you updated on progress.
    Furthermore, re-installed MyDriveConnect so as to find out if I could update that way. It displayed wrong text, followed instructions to fix, did not work. Still managed to put in logon and password and it shows that my device was up to date, go figure!
    All in all, after being a TomTom customer for over 10 years, I think it might be time to look at an alternative arrangement.
    Superusers
    edited January 26
    Hi
    @Duc
    Welcome to the site...
    Firstly Try....
    Disconnect your Tomtom device....
    (Do not Reconnect your device until instructed)
    Logout of MyDrive Connect....
    From the Power menu 'Restart' your PC (NOT Turn it Off 'n' On again)....
    Run MyDrive Connect....
    Login to MyDrive Connect....
    Connect & Start your device....

Important....
    NEVER have a Tomtom device connected to your PC when....
    (1)... Installing MyDrive Connect (Including Uninstalling & Reinstalling MyDrive Connect)
    (2)... Updating the MyDrive Connect program
    Having your device connected can have an adverse effect on the USB Driver install….

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    edited January 26
    Hi YamFazMan, did as requested and MyDrive Connect still displays the wrong, very small, font. Did a full uninstall using Revo Uninstaller and downloaded the windows version. After downloading and install it asks if the page displays correctly, my answer was "No" and it subsequently downloaded some software, which, I might, still did not make any difference. I still managed to logon and and enter password. It recognises the device including serial number and tells me that it is online, however it also tells me that the software is up to date.
    It was a public holiday here in Australia today, still waiting on a proper response from TT. Hopefully tomorrow, Wed 27 Dec.
    As mentioned before,I have owned various versions of TT. My first unit was a TT720 which at the time was a great unit. Subsequent units have been in way or another been problematic with mainly minor faults. Finally I will update my vehicle in the near future and ensure it has not got a built in TT unit. If so, I will buy different car.
    Superusers
    edited January 26
    Hi
    @Duc
    (Snip) MyDrive Connect still displays a wrong small font (Snip)
    See the post by User @LAURE123....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1644979/#Comment_1644979

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    Hi YamFazMan, LAURE123 solution worked. At least I can read the details.
    Thank you.
    Now, I still got the problem not getting the weekly speed camera updates , also when driving, most of the speed/red light cameras are missing. Some cameras show OK.
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Duc
    For general improvement using the Tomtom Speed Cam Database over the default settings

Always use a Computer voice...
    Serena or Malcolm here in the UK
    Also....
    From the main screen... Tap (.... Menu) -> Setting -> Sounds & Warnings...
    Set... 'Warning Type' to... Read Allowed... (Important... Needs a Computer Voice set in the Voices menu)
    Speed Cameras & Hazards... Set to ON
    The next 10 Setting ALL set to Always
    The next 4 Settings ALL set to ON
    Along with the standard triple 'dong dong dong' warning the device will now say....
    'Fixed Camera'
    'Mobile Hot Spot'
    'Red-light Camera'
    'Accident Black-spots
    ‘Spoken Traffic delays’

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    Superusers
    Now, I still got the problem not getting the weekly speed camera updates , also when driving, most of the speed/red light cameras are missing. Some cameras show OK.

I think the Support or the Moderators ( @VikramK )must have a look into your device profile.
    edited January 27
    Hi Lochfrass, received 4 emails from TT support l "Dear Mr Xxxxx,
    Recently you contacted us at TomTom Customer Care. Your request (1143310) has been updated. To add additional comments, reply to this email.
    Still waiting on a solution....
    Will keep you posted.
    Hi Lochfrass, what do I have to do to get VikramK or the Moderators involved?
    I lodgeded the problem on Jan 23rd and and all I get is "Recently you contacted etc etc..." from TT Cust. Vare.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,962 Moderator
    Hi @Duc
    I have asked my team to push the reinstallation of speed cameras. I would suggest that you connect the device to a computer via MyDrive Connect and let the jobs process.

Once done just check for any new updates if available. Perform a soft reset and test the device on a planned route.

Regards, Vikram
    Hi Vikram, success, I think. It has done an update and I hope that the weekly speed camera updates will be working OK as well.
    Thank you for your help!