What is 'charging station'? — TomTom Community

What is 'charging station'?

I seem to be being offered this when I go in to 'updates', and I have no idea what it is or whether I should want it? Any info appreciated.

Best Answers

• SilberpfeilSilberpfeil Posts: 393 [Exalted Navigator]
    Accepted Answer
    Charging stations for electric cars!

kbcrquw9pp0w.jpg

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,201
    Superuser
    edited January 25 Accepted Answer
    Hi @Lost_Sole

If you do not have an Electric Car then you will not need the Charger Stations as they are where you can recharge the Electric cars.

If you have an Electric Car and download the Charger Stations files to your TT unit then you can choose the Types of `Charging Places ( Stations) you want to be advised about which will be suitable for the Car you have as there are different types of Charger connections.

Doug
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,680
    Superusers
    Accepted Answer
    Hi
    @Lost_Sole
    A 'Charging Station' is the Electric Vehicle equivalent of a 'Petrol Station' ;)

ATB YFM
    Accepted Answer
    Hi,

Sorry, I tryed to answer with a picture because my english is far from good, so I dont like to write long texts (with misspellings). :)
    I had a feeling that my answer would not be clearly enough...

I think, that you should download this update. You have thousands of POI-s on your device, so why not the charging stations too...
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Lost_Sole

If you download the Charger Station Poi's downloaded to your Tomtom Device you can choose at any time whether or not you want the individual positions displayed on the map.

Doug
    Superusers
    edited January 26 Accepted Answer
    Hi
    @Lost_Sole
    Is this the Icon that's messing up your Map view....
    If 'Yes' The 2Pin plug Icon is the 'Charging Station' Icon....

3d1lnmohytch.jpg
    To stop the Charging Stations being displayed on the Driving Map....
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Appearance --> Show POI Lists on the Map....
    Set Charging Station to Hide....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM

Answers

Accepted Answer
    Charging stations for electric cars!

kbcrquw9pp0w.jpg

Superusers
    edited January 22
    Hi
    @Lost_Sole
    Welcome to the site....
    If you do not need the Charging Station displayed... Don't tick the box to update for the Charging Stations....
    uv6zv6rca2z4.jpg

Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Appearance --> Show POI Lists on the Map....
    Set Charging Station to Hide.....

You can try asking Support to remove the Charging Stations download from your account ???
    Contacting Tomtom Support….
    Due to COVID-19 the phone service has been suspended
    For Tomtom Support Email or Chat lines...
    (Monday to Friday Normal Office Hours)

The way of contacting Customer Services has changed

(1)... A couple of Tips when Contacting Tomtom Support....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1714844/#Comment_1714844

(2)... Tomtom FAQ … How to Contact Tomtom Support....
    Here… https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919-How-to-contact-TomTom-support

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Lost_SoleLost_Sole Posts: 7 [Master Traveler]
    Thank you for your answer. Unfortunately I still don't know what it is, or whether I want it, and that is in spite of looking around the main TomTom site a bit.

Search engines are not much use, as they seem to throw up irrelevant things which have something to do with 'charging' and 'station', but not this charging station.
    Superuser
    edited January 25 Accepted Answer
    Hi @Lost_Sole

If you do not have an Electric Car then you will not need the Charger Stations as they are where you can recharge the Electric cars.

If you have an Electric Car and download the Charger Stations files to your TT unit then you can choose the Types of `Charging Places ( Stations) you want to be advised about which will be suitable for the Car you have as there are different types of Charger connections.

Doug
    Superusers
    Accepted Answer
    Hi
    @Lost_Sole
    A 'Charging Station' is the Electric Vehicle equivalent of a 'Petrol Station' ;)

ATB YFM
    Thank you for your answers.

I now realise Silberpfeil's answer was helpful, though when I first saw it, I though he was being sarky, 'amusingly' showing a picture of something else with a similar name.

Sorry.
    Accepted Answer
    Hi,

Sorry, I tryed to answer with a picture because my english is far from good, so I dont like to write long texts (with misspellings). :)
    I had a feeling that my answer would not be clearly enough...

I think, that you should download this update. You have thousands of POI-s on your device, so why not the charging stations too...
    Well, if they make the map 'messier' in the way that petrol stations do, it is a step too far.
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Lost_Sole

If you download the Charger Station Poi's downloaded to your Tomtom Device you can choose at any time whether or not you want the individual positions displayed on the map.

Doug
    Superusers
    edited January 26 Accepted Answer
    Hi
    @Lost_Sole
    Is this the Icon that's messing up your Map view....
    If 'Yes' The 2Pin plug Icon is the 'Charging Station' Icon....

3d1lnmohytch.jpg
    Set Charging Station to Hide....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 14,116
    Superusers
    Hi,

@Silberpfeil
    But hey, you try it to help so good as you can. And only that counts. 👍