Swapping maps between Go Basic and Go 60

BrianBed
BrianBed Registered Users Posts: 2
New Seeker
I have an existing GO 60 with USA and UK maps on the SD card. If I buy a new GO Basic can I install this existing SD card so that both the UK and USA maps are available on the new GO Basic?
Tagged:

Comments

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,830
    Superuser
    Hi @BrianBed

You cannot use the SD card in a GO Basic as maps are tied to the serial number of the Tomtom unit they were supplied with or bought for.

Doug
  • BrianBed
    BrianBed Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    Ok last question..can the Go Basic take a USA/Canada map as the description says Europe but other SATNAVs state Worldwide?
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @BrianBed

The GO Basic has an extra memory slot which will take a Micro SD Class 10 memory card and 16gb or maximum 32gb either a Sandisk , Samsung or similar major make are recommended. Th GO Basic has 16gb of internal memory however you will need an extra memory card to also be able to load the full USA map as together with Europe it is too big for the internal memory.

Doug
  • golzberlin
    golzberlin Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    Does TomTom give me my purchases back if I had to scrap my Start60 because of a dead battery and replace it with a new purchase of a GO Basic?
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @golzberlin

No. Maps etc are tied to the serial number of the device they were supplied on and are not transferable to another device.

Doug
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,343
    Revered Voyager
    edited January 15
    No, Tomtom does not reimburse maps already downloaded to your GPS.

A discharged battery has been recharged with a mains charger
    If the battery no longer holds a charge, a battery must be changed.