black-screen crashes while navigating — TomTom Community

black-screen crashes while navigating

This happens frequently. While driving and navigating, without warning get total black screen app crash; the black screen remains for about 1 - 5 minutes before app suddenly restarts correct navigation displaying map and rout. Phone: S7-edge; OS: Android 8.0.0; TomTom Go ver: 2.3.5 release/2.0 (3412)

Answers

• lluiscnlluiscn Posts: 35 [Legendary Explorer]
    Same with a Huawei P30 (ELE-L29) i EMUI 10.1.0
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,394 Moderator
    Hi there,

Welcome to the Community! Can you please try reinstalling the app on your device and let us know if that does the trick for you. Also, are you using an external SD card to store the maps?

@Exmoor_walker Please check if the GO Navigation app is listed under Phone settings > Applications > Menu (3 dots in the top right corner) > Special Access > Optimize Battery Usage > Find the app on the list and make sure that it is not selected.

@lluiscn Can you please check the below settings on your Huawei phone related to power consumption? and did you change anything in there?
    • Phone Settings > Advanced Settings > Battery manager > Power plan set to Performance
    • Phone Settings > Advanced Settings > Battery Manager > Protected apps – set GO Navigation as Protected
    • Phone Settings > Apps > GO Navigation > Battery > Power-intensive prompt [uncheck] and Keep running after screen off [check]
    • Phone settings > Apps > Advanced (at the bottom) > Ignore optimisations > press Allowed

Regards, lampard
    I try it, thank you.
    edited January 20
    "Are you using an external SD card to store the maps?"

NO
  • Exmoor_walkerExmoor_walker Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I will try re-install. RE: maps storage - I cannot easily tell - there are TomTom files on SD-card as well as internal storage, but cannot find any with sensible file names or the size I thought maps might be - can you give file name for 'all UK' map and it's size?

Go is not in the list 'Optimise Battery Usage'.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,394 Moderator
    edited January 29
    Hi @Exmoor_walker

Did the app reinstallation work? When you uninstall the app, Go to the Phone settings > Apps > Go Navigation and tap in the order on Force stop, Clear cache, Clear data. Also, please delete the following folders from the internal memory and SD card:

Android/data/com.tomtom.gplay.navapp
    Android/obb/com.tomtom.gplay.navapp

Remove the SD card and install the app on internal memory to see if this fixes the issue. Hope it helps!

Regards, lampard