GO Basic not pairing with HTC 11C phone

marianne2021
marianne2021 Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Seeker
New tomtom go basic not pairing with htc11C Android phone. Is expecting confirmation to be given on tomtom, just hangs. Have mydriveapp working okay & followed instructions. Wi-Fi is connecting okay & have updated everything. Please help, need for urgent journey this week. Thank you in anticipation of a reply.

Best Answers

• rider1rider
    rider1rider Registered Users Posts: 1,424
    Exalted Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    remove all the previously paired devices from the phone
    factory reset on tomtom and then pairing again
  • marianne2021
    Apprentice Seeker
    Answer ✓
    Thank you rider1rider for your rapid response.

Somehow it worked without having to remove other paired devices from my phone. I took the TomTom for a long walk with my phone and then it paired when I rebooted both phone and Tomtom for the upteenth time after I arrived back home. Used TomTom successfully in car today.

Will try your suggestion if it drops out again (which it may as it kept dropping out)

Answers

• rider1rider
    rider1rider Registered Users Posts: 1,424
    Exalted Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    remove all the previously paired devices from the phone
    factory reset on tomtom and then pairing again
  • marianne2021
    Apprentice Seeker
    Answer ✓
    Thank you rider1rider for your rapid response.

Somehow it worked without having to remove other paired devices from my phone. I took the TomTom for a long walk with my phone and then it paired when I rebooted both phone and Tomtom for the upteenth time after I arrived back home. Used TomTom successfully in car today.

Will try your suggestion if it drops out again (which it may as it kept dropping out)