No voice directions on GO 620 — TomTom Community

No voice directions on GO 620

brnn69brnn69 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
Hello I have a new TomTom GO 620 I have owned earlier TomTom Navigation devices and had no issues. On a just completed road trip and visiting an unfamiliar city I set the address I wanted using 'search', 'drive', 'lets go' the location was approx. 10km away and the device work perfectly with good clear instructions. Several hours later when I needed to return to my Hotel I selected the Hotel address from my 'My Places' as I had saved the location from when I actually arrived in the city. On the return journey the device did not give any directions or voice instructions and I got lost I pulled over several times and attempted to reset my destination and ultimately deleted the prior journey's and started with a new destination and still I received no directions or instructions from the device. At all times my device was connected to my vehicle WiFi and was fully charged, this event It was a very stressful experience and obviously unsafe as the primary purpose for using a GPS device for me is safer driving. It was by pure chance some 60 minutes later while criss crossing streets and intersections that I spotted a street sign for the street my Hotel was located in and was able to return in one piece.
Why would my GO 620 not not be operating correctly?

Best Answer

Answers

• brnn69brnn69 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks for your reply Lochfrass the voice control was off a case of FFS (fat finger syndrome) a bit of a 'duh' it was the co pilot though!
  • LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 16,518
    Superusers
    No problem. You are not the first to whom this has happened. ;)
  • turnpowerturnpower Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    i have the same problem but my voice setting are all on one day fine the next stopped working but volume level is high and not in mute mode
  • gldkarmagldkarma Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Have had my GO 620 (my third TomTom GPS) and it was working fine before the Covid shelter, but our first time out two days ago there were no voice directions. It would ding when I set my route and give me an ETA, but no driving directions. I found this site today instructing me to check the voice icon at the end of the volume bar and, sure enough--it had a strike through it! I clicked it back on and presume the problem is fixed! Who knows when we will leave the house again to go far enough to need the GPS, but thanks so much for all the advice here and I presume things will be back on track! Thanks again!!
  • SrekamedarSrekamedar Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    GO 620 offers computer voice Xander (Dutch), but when selected it does not give any sound, where all the others do. (All further settings are fine). What am I missing here?
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,078
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Srekamedar
    This post may also be useful... I had the same problem as you have, but with the UK Voices....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1773992/#Comment_1773992

ATB YFM
  • SrekamedarSrekamedar Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks , YamfazMan. But are Serena, Malcolm and Jane computer voices? The point is, the recorded voices work. This one computer voice doesn’t.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,872
    Superuser
    Hi @Srekamedar

Malcom and Serena are computerised voices whilst Jane is a Recorded voice

Doug
  • OptacomOptacom Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I need a a update for the german voicrs Anna and Yannick.
    Where I can downloads the voices please give me a Update
  • jm252485jm252485 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited September 10
    Hi YamFazMan,
    I have the same problem with computer voice - when I decided to make some free place (TT Go Basic) I lost computer voice ZUZANA (Czech language). The voice is in TT downloaded but no functional. Recorded voices (Milan, Tereza) work fine. So I tried the solutions in the mentioned post but without success (even if I tried switching to US English and load the exactly named voices) Maybe because I have not Rider but Go Basic.
    So I am desperately seeking the valid combination of voices which could be downloaded for CZECH computer language. If anyone know - please HELP!
    Henry
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,872
    Superuser
    Hi @jm252485

@VikramK or @lampard should pick this up on Monday and can allocate the voices to your account.

Look back then to see what they have to say.

Doug
    Hi DougLap, many thanks for a quick response!
    Henry
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,711 Moderator
    Hi @jm252485

Welcome to the community!
    Voice activated, please check for updates now....
    Thanks, Vikram
    Hi VikramK,
    I am sorry, but there is no success - I redownloaded ZUZANA voice (now I have Miloslav, Tereza - both OK and ZUZANA as computer voice) and the problem persists. ZUZANA does not work. Maybe I am doing anything wrong?
    The actualisation was not automatic - I had to delete the ZUZANA from TT and after that tne I saw the actualised voice, so I downloaded it. Then I made OFF / ON procedure (not reset). Was it OK? Or should I download anything else?
    Redards from Prague (CZ)!
    Henry
    Hi @jm252485
    Usually selecting a different voice and then switching back to the original voice fixes this issue.

I would suggest you try-

Remove the voice > Perform a recovery mode > Download the voice again and test it.

Recovery mode-

Regards,
    Vikram
    edited September 14
    Hi VikramK,
    many thanks for your effort - but...
    I describe EXACTLY what I did and what was TT response:

I deleted ZUZANA with TT Connect
    I switched TT to "black screen" and there are some (maybe useful) infos:
    Build: af5e34ddd59a892081d93783f08c01228f16c06e
    Next step was switching to recovery (three times ON/OFF button)
    Recovery was sucesful, next was displayed black screen (with TomTom letters) and progress bar
    Next actions was:
    - drums
    - map screen (with TomTom letters) and progress bar
    - some private questions about data sending etc...
    - new sw actualisation to 20.102.0003.411 (313MB) and ZUZANA voice
    - downloaded both
    - restart TT
    - black screen (with TomTom letters) and progress bar
    - drum sound
    - map screen (with TomTom letters) and progress bar
    - some private questions about data sending etc...
    - info that TT is fully actualised
    Final info about new functions.
    Then I selected Miloslav voice - demo voice OK (You are on the place.)
    Next I selected ZUZANA and checked all possibilities about commands etc. Result: silent (no voice)
    I tested in preview on my favorite route, where recorded voices work fine - no time of arrival, no instructions.
    What I am doing wrong?
    Sorry for disturbing, but....
    Rgards from Prague!
    Henry

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,078
    Superusers
    edited September 14
    Hi
    @jm252485
    Try installing a Second computer voice... Using MyDrive Connect & My Workaround, the Workaround allows you to use the MyDrive Connect menu structures on a Wi-Fi Device....
    Workaround Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1133834/updating-a-tomtom-wi-fi-device-over-usb-using-the-mydrive-connect-menu-structure.
    It seems if you install a 2nd Computer voice it may fix the problem….

Also see this post for more info.…https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1773992/#Comment_1773992
    Note... The Computer Voices are sized in MB... The Recorded Voices are sized in KB….

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    @jm252485
    Hi Henry
    Thanks for trying...
    At this point, I would suggest that you report this issue to our customer service team for further investigation.

Regards,
    Vikram
  • lindenartlindenart Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    edited September 20
    Anna and Yannik remain silent, Lisa and Werner work, but do not read everything aloud. I need Anna and Yannik new. How does it work?

Mod edit: Machine translated (German)